Tuesday 25 April 2017

Posh has a present

Hi and welcome to a schedule post to tell you about the brand new challenge over at ATSM.
Here is my inspiration card.


This week it is our CAS challenge.


We've had a bit of a discussion behind the scenes about what is a clean and simple card and here are a few guidelines which may help you.



So with my card, one main focal point.
More than half 'white space'.
No embellishments.
With hindsight perhaps I should have done away with the pads but there're only 2 layers!
Hope this helps.

So down to details. I started by stamping my image from Stampingbella and colouring in her with Copics using the colour scheme over at CAS-ual Fridays. Then, using the sketch at CAS(e) this Sketch, I cut away 2/3rds of the card, leaving my image still attached. On a piece of scrap paper I inked through a STAMPlorations stencil with Chipped Sapphire DI to create the stripes. A plain piece of white card completes the layout. As it's a CAS card no further  embellishments were added, save for a stamped blue greeting that I embossed with clear EP.
For more fab inspiration, please check out the rest of the team here.

I'd like to join in over at -




The card by Hannelie really inspired this card

13 comments:

  1. OK I know that sketch and you did it soo soo well with it Julie
    and ooh I have this stamp too ...you have Audrey too..and I made a card with Audrey join to your DT challenge Blog (forget which one hehehe LOL)
    this is adorable coloring Lady and Love your combination of challenge
    so CLEVER!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a chic card Julie and that is such a great take on the sketch. Love the light and shade in your colouring too. With all those presents, I hope she visits me on my birthday! I'm looking forward to seeing you at PS.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a cool and stylish card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you combined the 3 challenges and what a beautiful result ! Love this combo of colours and this young lady looks so chic with her pink dress ! Gorgeous colouring too ! thanks for sharing and for inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Copic coloring and fussy cutting. Two things I don't do and you do so well, Julie. I love how you layered her over the stenciled panel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome, Julie! The design, image, colors and attitude are simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Classy, stylish and so much fun! Love this card with that fab stripey background and brilliant colouring. A super take on our stripes challenge, and a great explanation of CAS, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just fabulous Julie! Full of sassy attitude, gorgeous colouring and a super bold and striking design. Love it and thanks for playing along at Less is More this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great design, Julie - I love everything about it including the fabulous focal image, striped panel and lovely white space! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Less is More this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh La La! Tres chic Julie. Beautiful colour combo and that image is a real glamour-puss! Wonderful way to get the stripe theme in too. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Less is More xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW...that's all I've got! This is one sensational, classy, inspired, gorgeous card! Love it!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)