Tuesday 28 February 2017

Masculine Tag

Good morning.
The last day of February and I can't believe its come around so quickly! Tomorrow is the meteorological first day of spring. Well here the blackthorn is out, the lambs are in the field and the early daffs are in bud, but more of that later.
Today sees the start of a brand new challenge over at Cardz4Guyz. Today we would like to see your projects on the theme of -

TAG IT

So, anything with a tag on or just a tag. I went with the simple tag.

a

I took my inspiration from the latest challenge at Tag You're It, but made it masculine by using cogs and gears instead of flowers.
The cog stamps I got from Port Sunlight a couple of years ago and are by Crafty Roo Designs.
The gear die cuts are a set by X-Cut cut from scraps of gold and kraft and some split pins. The black edge was cut using a Avery Elle die and attached to the bottom of my Poppy Stamps tag die. A simple stamped sentiment from STAMPlorations and some butchers twine with added Copic colouring complete.

Please check out the rest of the DT here for some fabulous inspiration and join in.

I'm joining in over at -

Tag You're It Challenge

My gears connect to each other!

Our Badge

Creations for Males

PS On the subject of the track, we still have a stream running down it and now also around the edges. More stone has been added to raise the level again and in doing so the contactors caused us some problems on Sunday as some visitors were unable to travel down, Al had to let them in the back way. We were not informed that there would be a blockage so could not warn our visitors, just typical! One more thing to add to the ever lengthening list of complaints!
As I mention above the lambs are arriving rapidly now. Here is a photo I took of our first set of twins that arrived early last week.


Mum was very wary and I had to keep my distance, she was the second to lamb here before the rest of the flock went up to the lambing pens. We had our first set of returning ewes with their lambs yesterday but too late for a pic!

14 comments:

  1. Hi Julie your tag is stunning. I love your photo of the lambs. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab tag Julie, the cogs look very realistic. Love the lamb photo, haven't see any round here yet, my camellia is in full bloom already, just hope we don't get any severe frosts!

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable picture of the lambs! How exciting! Love the way you took the inspiration and created this fun gold tag! Thanks for joining us at Tag You're It, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A brilliant tag Julie, perfect for a gent!! Lambs and daffs definitely means spring although it is bitterly cold here tonight and we had scary hailstones this afternoon!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all ... very cool tag. LOVE those gears and cogs Jules. And the picture of the lamb babies ... so sweet!!

    I hope things straighten out with these contractors. They sound like a bunch of idiots doing all these things that effect you, but not letting you know. Good luck! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie I absolutely love this-I thought these were like charms not that you cut them out-stunning. And also how you designed them on the tag is so effective. I am so pleased you shared this with Ink and I hope all goes well with you-you sound busy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. had another study of your card and wanted to add more-I think the stamping on the right hand botttom adds a real grounding to the design-can you tell this tag I loved! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great tag! I love all the layers and the fun, masculine design. The gears are lovely. Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a cute tag. I like how masculine it looks.Thank you for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely tag ! Love that golden details ♥
    Thank you for joining the Come and Get it Challenge this week !
    Hope we see you soon back.
    Jessica DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing the photo of the twin lambies, Jules! We have the babies here, too, just outside of town and we like to drive around and check them out. So darn cute! As for your tag - WOW! I don't know that I've ever seen a manly tag and why not?! It's a really brilliant design!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a unique take on Maureen's tag and I love it, Jules. Thanks for sharing it with us at Tag You're It!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute tag, Jules! The gold gears just light up the tag! so glad you played along at Tag You're It!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)