Tuesday 14 June 2022

Father's Day

Good morning.
Have you made your Father's Day cards yet? Sadly mine is no longer with us but I usually make some for the older Grandkids to give their Dad.
The eldest is turning into a mumbling teen so my usual cute style wont cut it, so this year I've made a more adult looking card and it just so happens that it's the theme of this weeks Cardz4Guyz challenge:-

FATHER'S DAY

I chose his Dad's footy team colours as a starting point and was inspired by a Jennifer McGuire video here.


Instead of the hearts, I went with stars and stamped my red panel with a selection of sentiments with a red ink. As usual, I forgot that the ink sinks into the card and fades so although it looked right when I first did it, by the time I'd finished it was a tad too faded but if you look closely the sentiments can still be seen! 
My checker-plate EF folder for the top half of my panel was from Hobbycraft and the black and white strip was stamped using Uniko's BB Pinstripe a couple of times. My stars were punched using an absolutely ancient Fiskers punch and the sentiment embossed in white EP on red is from Mama Elephant using a die cut strip from MFT. The dry embossing didn't quite reach the edge of an A6 panel so I trimmed it down to leave a stripe of the grey base card showing. To complete I added die cut DAD cut using an Altenew alphabet set from black card.
So hope I've inspired you to join us for the next two weeks, but if you still need some inspiration there's plenty from the rest of the DT on the Cardz4Guyz blog.

I'd like to join in over at:-


Make it Masculine
(The b/w strip and large red panel are both stamped)
 

7 comments:

  1. Love the bright colors and textured background!! Sure to bring a smile!! Way to go giving great inspiration to those who decide to play along with our new "Father's Day" challenge that begins today over at Cardz 4 Guyz!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic and I just love that wonderful sentiment! Perfect for a teen's card to his dad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bold look of this, great card for Let's Squash It!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect! He can sign it on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab bold and modern design. Great idea to use the team colours. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It! Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card. Thanks for joining Stamping Sensations. Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great masculine card, but we are a stamping challenge and looks like only the sentiment is stamped, but appreciate you joining in at Stamping Sensations.

    B x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)