Tuesday 21 September 2021

Red Hoodie?

 Morning folks. My, the last two weeks have flown by and the new challenge at Cardz4Guyz has crept up on me but I still have a card to share! Our new theme is -

ADD SOME METAL

OK, where to go, in the end I added a simple metal eyelet for the string of my hoodie to poke through!


I made this for my Son in Law's birthday, he's a tricky age, too young for some ideas and too old for the cuter images in my stash! In the end I revisited my MFT Zipper Die-Namics set to create this fleece hoodie in his football team's colours. I like using the die set as it is very versatile, allowing me to create a variety of zipped themed jackets over the years.
For this one, I found some red Bazzil card in my stash of bits just big enough for one side of a hoodie and some linen textured white to make a T-shirt.
Once the red jacket element was made, I added my eyelet and threaded some string through, knotting the end. 
 To create the T-shirt, I cut an A5 panel of textured linen card, folded to make a side fold A6 card, trimmed away 1cm from the top front, then cut the neck shape with a large circle die into the top right. From a scrap of the same card, I cut a slightly larger part circle with a stitched circle die and cut away the excess with the first die, creating a piece that suggested the welt around the neck of a T-shirt. This was glued in place then the jacket front, complete with white heat embossed STAMPlorations sentiment, was added to the base card with pads to accommodate the string. 
So where will the prompt take you? What metal will you add to your design, we'd love to see you in our gallery. If you need more inspiration check out the rest of the team here.

7 comments:

  1. What an adorable hoodie card!! I love your creativity of this "add some metal"!! Once again you offer great inspiration for those who decide to play along with us over at Cardz 4 Guyz!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a super creative card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wat heb je leuk kaart gemaakt.
    Groetjes Gerrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen anything quite so unique and fun for a guy's birthday! I just love that hoodie look with the zipper and you did it in his favorite football team colors too! They don't get more personalized than this! Love the little metal eyelet! Brilliant and so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am always impressed by your designs Julie but this has blown my mind! This kind of card could run the risk of looking a bit 'clunky' but that is definitely not the case here. Your details are superb - the textured card stock for the t-shirt and the stitched detailing round the neck, that amazing zip, the eyelet for the cord... A brilliant card! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's such a fabulous card. Great design for a fella!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card. It is perfect for every young person, very youthful style. Exactly as Vicky Hayes wrote, all the details of the card are stunning. Great inspiration for me.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)