Thursday 15 October 2020

STAMPlorations Theme and Photo challenge reminder

 Good afternoon, just stopping by to share a card and to remind you that there is still time to join in at the STAMPlorationsTheme and Photo Challenge.


For my card I used the theme of autumn colours and the leaves and the rim of the mug for my inspiration.
To start, I used a background panel I printed awhile ago using my Gelli plate. I reinked my plate with Spiced Marmalade, Fossilised Amber and Gather Twigs DOx and then placed the  Autumn Falling stencil over and laid my preprinted panel over that, then took a print. I love the soft effect this technique gives you. 
On a scrap of watercolour paper, I stamped three of the maple leaves from the Leafy stamp set and heat embossed with gold EP before flooding the leaves with a watery mix of Candied Apple, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Pine Needles and Gathered Twigs DI. 
The printed panel was cut down to size and a length of jute twine added in a circular pattern to replicate the mug and the fussy cut leaves added. The sentiment from the Softly stamp set was stamped in two stages, the first in white EP on black and second just in Altenew's Pure Graphite ink. I fussy cut the 'masterpiece' and added it to the black stamped strip to recreate the sentiment. The finished panel was added on pads to an off-white base card.

For more inspiration and all Ts and Cs, please check out the STAMPlorations blog https://stamplorations.blogspot.com/2020/10/october-challenges-extras.html.

Next week the STAMPgirls are belatedly celebrating STAMPlorations 7th birthday, so lookout for lots of ways to win some fab prizes and different ways to join in.


I'm joining in over at:-

Autumn Glory

Earthy Tones


8 comments:

  1. Great use of the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your leaves are stunning and I love the soft images in the gelli background! So glad you were able to join us at Sunday Stamps with your lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful! Love your fall design. Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, Julie! The gold embossed leaves look so gorgeous colored in these soft washes of color! Amazing background for them, too! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great take on the inspiration picture Julie, the leaves and jute look fabulous together. Some leaves are quite yellow here, yet others are only just starting to change. Masses of acorns this year and more sloes than we have ever seen (plenty of sloe gin on the go!!). We are still enjoying the horses being out too, it's normally too wet by now. Long may this dry spell continue down here xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful seasonal creation, many thanks for sharing and joining us at Stamping Sensations Autumn challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)