Friday 29 May 2020

Uniko challenge, a reminder

Welcome to a post to remind you that there is still time to enter the challenge over at Uniko.
Here is my card, hopefully fulfilling the brief!





I chose some bright and cheerful DOx inks to match the flowers from The Card Concept, to colour this panel which I had previously stamped, masked and heat embossed in white with the Pure Florals Lily set, love the tropical feel to this colourway.
You might recognize the background as I made it at the same time as my watercolour one from the start of the challenge. It was as easy to make 2 as just one using my MISTI. This time I used plain white card.
On the finished embossed panel, I added DOx in Squeezed Lemonade, Spiced Marmalade,
Abandoned Coral and Candied Apple and blended them from light to dark over it.
Once the ink had dried, I buffed up the panel to remove extra ink from the embossing with a bit of kitchen roll and added some peachy orange fun foam to the back, keeping the glue to the edges only.
Using a rectangle die, I cut the center away to leave the raised frame. The center came away with only a little help from a craft knife as the glue had squished out! The central foam was then free to be used in another project.
The frame was glued to an A6 base card and the unmounted center panel was slipped in to the center and glued flat to the base card.
On a strip of black card, I embossed the sentiment and added a gold glitter die cut 'Sending' popped up on black foam.

That's all from me, but for more bright and happy Uniko inspiration, please check out our fab GD Viv and the rest of the team here, along with all Ts and Cs.


Joining in over at:-

       


I was inspired by the colours of the floral elements to create my background for this clean and layered card.

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tropical colours, the white embossed flowers really pop and love how you've framed the design. Thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very eye catching, mum. Perfect for these sunny days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super looking card with great background. Very striking.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful ink blending for this pretty card! And I get to thank you for joining us at Seize the Birthday and Addicted to Stamps and More.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful!! I love the colours you chose - just perfect for the tropical feel. Thanks so much for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hadn't realised I had missed so much. The colours on this one are really lovely just like a Dorset sunset...well last week anyway!! The gold sparkle adds a touch of luxury too xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)