Friday 17 January 2020

Caseing Therese

Morning all.
It's a new year and so it's time for a brand new challenge over at Uniko.
Here is my inspiration based on this month's theme.




The colours in the background panel in the photo don't really show up but they are really pretty in real life, a mix of cool blues, greys and lilacs created using the acetate smooshing technique.
I saw a video by Therese Calvird using this technique and was inspired to have a go.

Using DIs in Shaded Lilac, Broken China and Weathered Wood, I created my background panel on HP watercolour paper. When dry, I stamped the outline of the large peony bloom from Pure florals Peony in black on both a white base card and smooshed panel. I trimmed the coloured panel down and then popped it up on fun foam over the black outline on my base card.
On a strip of black card I stamped and embossed in white the sentiment from the same peony set. A die cut sentiment was added, slipping the sentiment strip through the loops of the die cut. A few sparkling sequins were added to complete.

That's all from me but there's more fab inspiration over at the Uniko, then why not join us in this month's challenge?

I'm joining in over at:-

Grab our logo
Say it with Flowers


Take It, Make It Challenge

3 comments:

  1. A really elegant floral creation, thanks for joining us this week at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very pretty!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great minds think alike Julie .... I also used the pretty peony.
    I love your design, the inky background looks fab and I love how the design continues on the actual card. Thanks for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge too xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)