Friday 1 November 2019

When is a circle not a circle?

Good morning and welcome to a new month and a new challenge over at STAMPlorations.
Here's my card for the latest Theme and Photo Challenge.


This is where I got my inspiration from.

No photo description available.

So how come I went with a Christmas vibe. Well first of all I had my Christmas stash out for another post, more of that later, and secondly the theme is stamps and circles, and when is a circle not a circle, when it's a bauble!
To begin, I inked a panel of scrap card with a mixture of teal blues from the stash, it ended up a little darker than the pic but I think it still works well with the gold embossing which I also picked up on from the inspiration pic. After it had dried completely I stamped two of the baubles from the Christmas Baubles set and used a gold EP for a really luscious look. Instead of fuzzy cutting, I die cut them using a small circle die. The third I treated rather differently, cutting a larger circle from my panel, before stamping the stars from Three Kings repeatedly over it with Versafine, before embossing with the same gold EP. 
To give my die cut circles a bit of added dimension, I inked the edges with a darker blue, fading it out towards the centre. 
From a scrap of gold mirror card, I cut three hangers from the Christmas Bauble #1 die set. These were then attached to the back of each bauble and some gold chord was slipped through the loop and attached to the back. Each bauble was then popped up with foam tape on a panel of white card and the sentiment from Christmas Baubles, was stamped and embossed in gold EP. The chords were then wrapped over the top dege of the panel before adding that to an A6 base card.

So what will catch your eye in the photo, or perhaps you will just stick to the theme of circles and stamps, the choice is all down to you. If you want some more inspiration then why not check out the rest of the DT here, then why not join in.

Joining in over at:-

Fab 'n' Funky Challenges
Christmas

Christmas at Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog
AG option of stars


6 comments:

  1. An elegant and gorgeous Christmas card, beautiful clean design, love the stamps and the colours! Thank you for joining us at CaSS this month.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your baubles are gorgeous, Jules! I love the teal with the gold! These would be my pick if I had my choice of new ornaments for my tree!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your baubles are really pretty. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a lovely design Julie, the gold really is luxurious xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. CAS, elegant and stylish! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card...Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky :)
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)