Friday 15 November 2019

Have you joined in yet?

Just popping around to remind you that there is still time for you to enter the STAMPlorations challenges.
As we are getting near to the festive season, I've kept to the Christmas theme with my card inspiration.


The Theme and Photo prompt challenge inspired me, focusing in on the theme element of stamps and circles.

No photo description available.

I've used this technique before but using a group of baubles, but this time I went with just the one circular aperture but two cards!
Using my MISTI, I stamped and embossed the STAMPlorations Merry Little Christmas Typography sentiment, twice with gold on red and once with red on white, onto panel cut with the middle sized Crazy Double stitched rectangle die. Using a MISTI ensures that the stamping is exactly in the same position so I can swap around the different elements easily.

To create the bauble effect, I took one of the red panels and die cut a circle. Setting the red rectangle to one side, I took the red die cut circle and added some Memento Rhubarb Stalk ink to the edges to give it a bit of dimension before adding some foam pads to the back. I added a gold chord to the white panel and then popped the red circle over, matching the writing. The finished panel was then also popped up over a base card from the same white card. A bow from the same gold chord completes.
For the red card, I laid the die cut panel over the other red embossed one and marked the edge of the opening lightly with a pencil. With the same red ink as before, I inked the bottom uncut layer to create dimension and the popped the die cut one over the top with foam pads. Some more of the gold chord was used to create the hanger and bow before the panels were glued to a matching red base card. 
OK, so for more STAMPlorations inspiration check out the teams here.

3 comments:

  1. Very creative! Both versions are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely effect Julie, and your shading on the baubles is brilliant. Hope you are enjoying some dry weather, we are just about drying out and hope to get another couple of dry days before the next band of wet weather...sigh!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)