Monday 24 June 2019

One layer CAS

Hi, just popping by to share a card I made while it was raining earlier. 
The forecast was for rain later as well but when I checked the latest, rain wasn't coming until tonight at the earliest, wish they would make their mind up.
Anyway as I couldn't play in the garden, I thought I would bring it inside and make a floral card.


I bought this Altenew Hibiscus Bouquet set a while ago and haven't really got to grips with it. I was a tad disappointed with the layering effect of the stamps when I used them before, so played around with the outline stamps instead.
I initially thought about the challenge at LIM, OLC with spots but I'm not sure it qualifies, still the other inspirations were the colours at Altenew and the theme at AAA, in the corner option of flowers.

After masking off a frame on my card, I used my Zig watercolour brush pens in colours suggested by the Altenew picture after stamping and masking my image. I added a few spots of colour to soften the edges and added a black heat embossed sentiment. To make it stand out more, I added some white gel pen to hi light the text and some of the anthers of the blooms. 

I do think colouring is quite therapeutic, I was totally lost in the colouring until my OH came in to say it was lunch time! 
He's currently outside trying to get a water tank made to catch the forecast rain. It's been an ongoing task as it is far more complicated to assemble than it looked at first and I'm not that much help at the mo, what with my gammy arm. I think we are about 3 weeks into assembly, what with me and the weather! Anyway the physio thinks I'm not a total lost cause, so I'm back there on Wednesday.

Off to walk the dog now before I'm called to help in more construction!

Joining in over at:-

   Altenew-June2019-Inspiration

9 comments:

  1. Such gorgeous, bright colors, very eye catching card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your colouring is truly amazing! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Therapeutic and rather lovely! Super make

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is amazing!! I love those jewel coloured blooms and the design is spot on. Sounds like you had the rain during the day...we had it overnight. I woke at five to a downpour and had plans for Wills so got up to put him in the stable to dry out and walked the dogs. We got drenched but it was deliciously warm so it didn't matter. I was back by 6.30 for a toasted teacake. Wills had dried out so I rode at 8.30 in the dry!! Looks like dry and hot weather is on the way. Glad we haven't any plans for hay this year xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such stunning and vivid colours Julie, looks incredible! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bold and cheerful. Beautiful CAS card. Thank you for sharing with us at AAA Cards. =) Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card Julie, your colouring is beauiful! Thanks for sharing with us at Less is More and also at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is so vibrant and eye catching. I love it. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just gorgeous. It may even fall into the category of ridiculously beautiful.(smile) Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)