Wednesday 1 May 2019

Introducing Mid Century Modern Florals & Mid Century Modern Background Blocks I & II

Morning.
It's day 1 of this month's release previews at Uniko.
The first set up is Mid Century Modern Florals.

Bev has gone all retro on this release, focusing mainly on designs influenced by her love of the MCM movement, you'll find more details about that here.
I might be showing my age here but they remind me of designs from my youth, such as Mum's dresses and wallpaper! 

Using a couple of the solid background stamps to create the ring of blooms, I then added detail stamps to each centre. A few high lights were added with a white gel pen and the leaves and stamps added with matching grey ink. On a die cut circle the Happy Birthday from Birthday Sentiments was stamped then added to the card.


My second card is a more masculine card using Background Blocks Mid Century Modern and a sentiment from the December release Wonderful Day.


A few homemade gems were added for a bit of colour and dimension, just dot some clear Nuvo Jewel Drops onto a sheet of acetate then let dry. Add Copic pen in the colour of your choice, peel off and add to your project when the ink has dried with a bit of Matt medium in this case. I prefer to use thid than adding directly as you cut down the risk of splodging and ruining your card!

Card three uses the second Background block and the Big and Bold Happy stamps and dies.

The stamp was inked with a pale ink and then coloured with Copic markers for a solid look, before the sentiment was added.
That's about it for today but don't forget to come back for more ideas tomorrow.
Here are all the new the stamps used today laid out in full.



Mid Century Modern Florals £10


Background Blocks Mid Century Modern £5


Background Blocks Mid Century Modern II £5

Check out the rest of the team as well as our GD Jenny from Crafting in the Country for more fab ideas.
Bev
Jenny GD
Carol 
Izzy 
Julie-that'll be me
Linda
Lindsey

9 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards Julie, I'm loving the pink and grey combo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you used the florals to make the circular pattern and we had the same idea about adding dots to that background.... I couldn't resist it either :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your showcases make me happy, happy, happy! The floral wreath is delightful, the BBI masculine marvelous; the BBII, in pink and grey, eye-catching! Inspired and inspiring, as always!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well these are fantastic!! I love the flowers on the first, the colours are so pretty and the symmetrical design is brilliant. The second is very striking, again fab colours with the black. Finally the pretty pink and grey is girly in a contemporary way. Hope you are still improving xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards! All are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How dramatic and bold is the Background Block on the black! And I love how your design for the florals too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I LOVE the first card with the images all in a circle. You totally rocked these fun patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW ! You rock this new release Julie ! Your three cards are fabulous and with beautiful designs. The background block on the black card is very eye-catching, Love it ! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the lines and blobs card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)