Thursday 17 January 2019

A simple stamped spray

Afternoon peeps.
I'm back to share a card for the new challenge at Seize the Birthday.
It's my second card for my spell as their surprize party guest, they've all made me very welcome.


You will notice that this card contains just stamping, no colouring as the new challenge theme is -

STAMPING ONLY

As I wasn't allowed to get my Copics or w/c brushes out, I chose the Wild Hibiscus set from Altenew which has these sketchy coloured layers that give the image an artsy look. While I was using Altenew's stamps, I thought I would also use their January colours too!
So taking a panel of white card, I stamped the outline flowers and leaves in Memento London Fog, then filled in with Tangelo and Morocco for the flowers and Altenew's Galactic Stream for the leaves.
I also used the Galactic Stream to stamp the sentiment from Altenew's Wishing You set, and trimmed the panel down and mounted it onto a dark teal card panel from my stash.

So how will you interpret the theme or perhaps you are not a toppings sort of person you're welcome just the same so long as it's a birthday project.

Joining in over at:-


9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Jules. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the artistic look of the stamp set too :)!!! Great use of the color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it hard not to color my flowers too. You did the next best thing and double stamped them. Amazing and very effective technique. This made a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous in these colours! They really pop the way you've given them lots of white space, too. Pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't even think about coloring...I guess I didn't follow the topping very well! DUH! I am thrilled with how you followed the topping perfectly! Such a gorgeous card and can't wait to see what you do next!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card and very clever just stamping technique, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card with the array of pretty flowers and colors. Perfect for the stamping only topping.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a perfect implementation of the 'Stamping Only' theme! Totally love those pretty flowers, and how you've used the colors. Such a lovely card! Thank you for the wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous colour combination! Such a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)