Sunday 20 January 2019

GD at AAA

Good morning friends.
I'm posting early on this Sunday morning as the GD for AAA Cards. 
Here is my inspiration card for you.


The theme for the next two weeks is -


Well that is pretty self explanatory but don't forget to keep it CAS!

To start, I chose my Concord and 9th Blooms Fill in stamp and die set, then masked off the bottom two thirds of my A6 white base card with a large Post It note. I then stamped the background into the top third with black Momento ink, arranging it so that my flower spray was in the correct position!
On a scrap of white card, I stamped just one of the sparays, before die cutting it with the matching die. Before stamping in the fill in sections of the die cut, I replaced it in the negative shape to keep it from moving around in my MISTI. I also added a little bit of infill stamping to my panel, but leaving out some of the detail.
After laying on my extra posy, I decided the card needed some extra colour, so I added some green and white bakers twine under the popped up posy but no bow, just the texture of the 3 strands. A sentiment from LOTV, keeps it quite a versatile card, just write the sentiment you want on the inside!



For some more fab CAS inspiration, check out the rest of the girls here, then why not join us.

Joining in over at:-

City Crafter Challenge BlogOur blog badge
CAS                                     Dimensional Elements



12 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous card Julie! I have been a fan of your CAS cards and especially your florals. I have this stamp and I could have never thought of a CAS card with this! Thank you for inspiring and so glad to have you amongst us this time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for being our Guestdesigner this fortnight at AAA cards. Your card is a stunner, very nice composition and trule upto 1/3 used of your surface. well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card Julie! Love the moody dark colours against all that fabulous empty white space. Thanks for guesting with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never thought to use just a portion of that stamp, Julie. Thanks for opening my eyes with this lovely creation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty CAS card! Love your design and choice of colors!! The dimensional elements are perfect for our challenge!! Thank you for playing with us at Cardz 4 Galz and hope you will join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous CAS card, I love the white space, such a beautiful design! Thanks so much for joining us over at Cardz for Galz.
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really lovely Julie, what a great theme!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really lovely card design and colors.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous! I love the way you have one of the flowers hanging over! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a beautiful card. I love the CAS layout. Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. I hope you'll join us again soon ~
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an eye catching card! Great take on our theme! Thanks for being our GD this fortnight at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for guest designing with us, Julie! Great way to use that stamp set. Beautiful coloring. =) Tracie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)