Hi, hope you all had a fab Christmas. We had a full house including my gorgeous 9 week old Grandson over. Lots of Nannee cuddles, especially as he is rather a windy chap! He loved the opening of pressies and the twinkling fairy lights on the tree. He did, however, keep my daughter up all Christmas Eve. :(
Anyway we are now in that strange limbo between Christmas and New Year, Twixtmas perhaps?
Still, it does give us not working, time to have a quiet play with this years Christmas crafty goodies.
My lovely Son bought me a full set of Prismacolor coloured pencils, to go with the Zigs he bought me last year, I do love an Amazon wish list. The number of crafty pressies was somewhat reduced though as two items my OH ordered, one was eventually unobtainable according to Amazon, it being ordered way back at the end of October and the other arrived without it's contents! The MFT packaging was there but no goodies inside for me to play with! The seal across the bottom was open, so they must be on the floor in the despatch area.
Never mind, I did have a play with a set of Altenew stamps that remind me of Christmas Roses or Hellebores, their I Adore You set certainly have that look about them.
Needing a card for my SiL's birthday early in January, I had a play with the aforementioned Zigs and no line watercolouring. Here's the end result.
I used this picture as a guide to the colouring
which reminded me of the June colour inspiration over at Altenew's review of the year, with the plum and pink tones. I caught a YouTube demo here which also inspired me, it popped up when looking for hellebores/Christmas roses.
I started by stamping some of the flowers in Antique Linen DI on watercolour paper, then using some masking fluid and a mapping pen, blocked out the stamens in the center of the flowers. When completely dry I used my Zigs to colour the flowers. When dry I removed the masking fluid, added extra white with a gel pen and fussy cut them. Leaves were done similarly except for the masking fluid. On the demo there was a trick using something called cling wrap but unfortunately it must be different to our cling film as it didn't work at all when I tried. Shame as it was a really good idea to keep your layout in one piece whist gluing down the bits. Had to do it the old way, taking a photo before the elements moved.
Loved the gold edging on one of the examples, achieved by running the card panel edges along the Versamark pad before embossing with gold EP. To keep the gold theme going I added a die cut gold sentiment popped up partially on a fun foam die cut and a few sequins from the stash.
So that's it really. Just realised that I have lots of DT posts coming up so I better get a wriggle on with those!
Joining in over at:-