Thursday 20 July 2017

Stamping on Tissue Paper and Brusho

Good morning all.
It may be summer outside in this neck of the woods but over at Cardz4Galz there is a decided chill in the air, metaphorically speaking that is!
Our brand new challenge theme is -

CHRISTMAS/WINTER in JULY

I'd already made a traditional card for the challenge over at Cardz4Guyz so decided to go a little more contempoary with this.


I was determined to join in at CAS Mix up where they are playing with tissue paper, then I saw the latest challenge at Inkspirational and the ideas just came together. It even evolved again as as soon as I cut my top panel with circle dies, I saw baubles! I had originally decided to go with large stamped and embossed snowflakes but after  the idea of baubles took hold, I went with some smaller ones, stamped over panels of Brusho covered tissue mounted on card. 
I made the panels by sprinkling Prussian Blue and Turquoise Brusho onto my craft mat then spritzing with water, then laying my tissue paper over the top. Carefully removing the tissue I put it to one side to dry before gluing it onto circles of card slightly larger than the apertures on the top panel with PVA glue. I coated the top with more glue and added some fine Brusho powder to give extra texture. When totally dry, I gave them a good dusting of anti static powder and stamped and embossed the snowflakes in white. The position of the snowflakes towards the edge of each panel gives the idea of a sphere I think.
I sketched the neck of the ornaments with a black fine line marker and added water to pull out the colour and blend, then used the same pen to draw in the hanging threads. A Uniko sentiment completes the top panel which sits on pads over the tissue ones, which are glued to the base card.

For more inspiration please check out the rest of the team here.

Joining in over at -


 
Brusho and die cuts

      

17 comments:

  1. Wonderful card, those ornaments look real! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's lovely, even if it is a Christmas card ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! Julie, this is FABULOUS! I love that you incorporated the tissue paper with this fantastically colorful technique. Such a richness and vibrance, and definitely festive. LOVE IT! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Julie, that's amazing! I love it! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card Julie! I love your Christmas take on our sketch and the techniques you used worked out beautifully. Stunning. Thanks fo joining us at Inkspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely! I love how you created your ornaments with such great coloring. This design is perfect for the sketch! Thanks for playing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful die cut ornaments using your tissue paper Brushos backgrounds, Julie. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  8. But beautiful card! Traditional but so well done !! I love the look of these cups. Thank you for this incredible inspiration
    Hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful design, Jules. I love your tissue paper baubles. They are so pretty with the stamped white snowflakes. I agree, stamping the snowflakes near the edge gives lots of dimension to your baubles. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are the most beautiful ornaments I have ever seen. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning - love the tissue paper behind the circle openings, and the snowflakes stamped off the sides definitely give a sense of dimension. Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is amazing, Jules! Your Brusho colored, tissue baubles are gorgeous! I love the way you've stamped the snowflakes and drawn the caps! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What gorgeous baubles you have created here especially with the added snowflakes. Love the technique. Awesome card Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your ornaments are beautiful in the blue with the white snowflakes Jules - thanks for joining us in the CAS Mix Up Challenge! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those ornaments are gorgeous!! Such a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your brusho-and-tissue paper baubles are absolutely stunning! In awe at your creativity and especially thrilled that you shared your talents with us in the Inkspirational gallery!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)