Wednesday 26 July 2017

No stamping Happy Birthday

Morning all.
Just a quick card today and a rather appropriate one.


Today is my birthday and we should have been out and about but the weather and a broken tooth put paid to that and our meal out is in the balance as eating is not easy.
Anyway I rang the dentist first thing and after  explaining that the Monday afternoon appointment was too far off, they said they would ring back later.
So while I waited I played in the craft room making this CAS card without any stamping, MFT small letters and pierced rectangle. Marianne balloon and part of a Happy Birthday die from The Range, possibly X-Cut. 
CASology are celebrating their 5th birthday so I decided to use their cue word BALLOON and LIM's no stamp challenge together with AAA's rainbow challenge for my inspiration. The balloons were coloured with Copics after the letters were die cut and I added some strings with a black fine liner.

I'm back from the dentist now with a temporary filling and an appointment for Monday with a locum dentist, as ours has sadly broken her ankle! Hopefully it will stop the ouch when drinking until they can sort it out. Think I will leave the celebratory meal until the temporary filling is a bit more settled.

Joining in over at-


    

15 comments:

  1. You have my sympathy for you tooth problem, nothing quite love me the pain of toothache! But every cloud has a silver light Ning and yours was creating such a bold and bright card. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Julie. I am sorry you have been in the wars. Your cards is stunning. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Julie! So sorry to hear about your tooth - hope you manage your meal out. Loving your birthday card with those fab pops of colour from the balloons - so fun! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear Julie, hope you aren't in too much discomfort and that the temporary filling doesn't feel too weird!! Hooe you have still enjoyed your Birthday and had lots of treats. Love your card, such great colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun and colourful. Love this cheery card, Julie, and perfect to celebrate your birthday...happy birthday! Thank you for joining us this week at Less is More. 😊 Trina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Schitterende kaart
    Groetjes Gerrie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple but fab card, mum.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI Julie, I hope you feel better already! Happy belated birthday! This card is fabulous, I love the balloons in different colors and the layout is so fun. I really like the thin black frame too, it adds a lot of depth. Thanks for joining us at Less Is More!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Belated Happy Birthday - hope you had a fabulous day.

    Smashing card for the LIM challenge

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Neat how you have the letters added to the rainbow balloons. Thank you for sharing with us at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday Julie! Fun card. So glad you joined us for the CASology anniversary challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful and Happy card. Love it! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete
  13. A real fun and cheery card Julie, can't help but smile. Love all the inlaid dies in the balloons and so beautifully coloured. Happy belated birthday to you and thanks for joining us at AAA Cards and Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  14. Julie, I love your card! Undoubtedly balloons are the best elements to use for the rainbow cards. Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at AAA Cards Challenge. - Sweet Kobylkin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)