Sunday 23 July 2017

Santa Claus is Coming to Town

Afternoon peeps.
It's been a bit of an on and off day today. Rain then sun so as a result I took refuge in my craft room to play with a die I picked up at Hobbycraft last week. It's a fab Santa die from Sizzix that I'd had my eye on for awhile and as it was in the sale, well I just had to have it!

Here is the card I made based on the sketch at the Paper Players.


I decided to use some of my large stash of Christmas DP for the background and unusually for me it's a 5 x 7 base. After cutting out the pieces I added some detail with my Copics and mounted him up on pads over my sentiment strip. The sentiment is a combination of a Marianne and freebie sentiment.
The DP is an ancient pack of papers from DoCrafts which I thought matched both sentiment and image.

There are lots of challenges out there this month that have the same Christmas in July theme so here goes:-

  

Grab It   little red wagon
#26 Pattern Paper                     Christmas in July

Crafty Gals Corner
Christmas in July

9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I can see why you HAD to have this die...it's amazing! A great way to get started on those Christmas cards with out sketch! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! Thanks for sharing at The Merry Christmas Challenge!
    ~Owner/DT Janis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cute Santa! Adorable!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this Santa, he's so jolly and your card is just full of festive fun. I love it x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful Santa! He's so jolly and I love his beard. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pleased to see things June into your basket too!!! I can see why...he is a fab Father Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes I can see why that die just leapt into your basket! Fab card Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW - WONDERFUL card!
    LOVE your Santa, he looks ever so MERRY layered over the sentiment panel with such pretty paper behind him!
    Thank You for joining us at the Crafty Gals Corner :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun paper & perfect background for the darling, unique Santa die!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)