I've been having some fun with Brushos and watercolour painting recently. My husband thinks I don't do as much painting now as I used to so ought to get back to it!
Needing no further encouragement I happened on a programme on Hochanda about using Brushos for watercolouring and thought I would have a go.
I love field poppies and encourage them to grow in our meadow by scattering their seed over mole hills and any bare ground I come across. Whether this works or not I'm not sure. They aren't showing as yet but hopefully they will brighten up the grass along with the other wild flowers I'm trying to cultivate.
Anyway this is the end result of my second play, more of my first later!
To start, I sketched the flower head from a photo, along with a couple of buds and a seed head. I then masked the areas that I wanted to remain light with artists masking fluid, the edges of the main flower, buds, stalks and seed head.
Next I wet my w/c paper and dropped in some DIs in various greens and a bit of red. So as to keep the petals clear of Brusho crystals, I covered it with bits of kitchen roll before sprinkling leaf green Brusho over the damp background and watched the magic take place. When my background was dry I removed the kitchen roll and added a selection of red DIs to the petals, leaving the masking fluid in place for the moment. Using a mixture of red and dark green to make a black, I added the stamens of the flower and a little Olive Green for the center. When this was dry I removed the masking fluid and added more detail with a fine brush.
To finish the background I added some flicks of green and a few splatters of the same to the bottom half of the painting.
To turn this panel into a card I added a banner in black with an embossed birthday from STAMPlorations and a Wplus9 die cut happy in white.
That's about it from me for today.
I'd like to join in the following challenges -
'May All your weeds be wild flowers'
Feature Embossing on your project
Optional twist of create your own challenge