Hi and welcome to my blog.
Usually on a Wednesday I toddle off to a card class with my bestie Di, but for one reason or another I didn't make it this week, so I played in my craft room with my Distress Oxides. This is the result.
I came across the water bleaching of DI technique a while ago, here and here, but I've never tried it with DO's before. Jennifer McGuire was playing with them so I thought I would too.
I started by stamping these lovely roses from Uniko and used white EP to heat emboss them.
I don't have many colours in the DOs so when it came to inking my panel I used the only two greens I have, Cracked Pistachio and Twisted Citron. The resulting panel was too pale so I added some Mown Lawn DI, not really dark but probably dark enough for the technique.
Using a small watercolour brush, some water and a piece of kitchen roll to remove the resulting colour,I went ahead and 'bleached' away the colour from the roses and leaves. To create a little dimension in the flowers, I left some of the areas on the petals darker by lifting off the water with a paper towel sooner rather than later. The result is softer than the plain DI technique.
My sentiment is from a set I picked up at Port Sunlight in the sale tub of a stall, I cut the the thanks off and replaced it with a Create a Smile die cut thanks.
The rain is falling again and we have our first lamb casualty. The OH has just finished his rounds bringing in a lamb that had fallen asleep in a hollow which then filled with water and chilled it down. Hopefully a session next to the range will warm it up and it can go back to its mum.
I'm joining in over at:-