Tuesday 24 October 2017

CASEing Me!

Hi and welcome to a post to announce the start of a brand new challenge over at ATSM.
Here is my card for your inspiration.


Some of you may recognise this as a CASE of this card here. It's also on my side bar as one of my most popular posts! I'm not sure why it rates so highly but it was over 3 years since I made the original and I thought it was time to revisit it.
As it is the photo inspiration week at ATSM, my starting point as the word SMILE in this phrase.



You could of course use a phrase as your focus or perhaps a watercolour wash or even the pink and black colour scheme, the interpretation is all yours.

I kept with the colours of autumn of the original, but went for a more pumpkin coloured background such as in the Time Out photo.
I started by cutting a mask from Post it paper then positioned it on the front of a base card. Using a small Versamark pad and a pen, I inked up the card through the stencil. Carefully removing the mask, I embossed the detail with gold EP. When completely dry, I used another homemade stencil mask to create the 3 circles of colour. The sentiment from STAMPlorations was then stamped in brown and embossed with clear matt EP. Apologies for the awful photo but the weather was so bad and dark even at midday when I took the photo, at least the gold embossing showed up in the flash!
So more more inspiring interpretations of the photo, check out the rest of the team here.

Joining in over at:-

Grab Our Badge!

I was inspired by the orange pumpkins and twigs contrasting with the white background



12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Definitely has placed a smile on my face! Bet this one will be as popular as its predecessor!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that simple layout Julie and of course the sentiment - great minds eh! Thought it perfect for this challenge. A smile certainly can make a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, love the different shades of orange and that gold really shines. Thanks for joining Time Out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Julie, this is simply beautiful! Love how you made background for that beautiful gold leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this autumnal gorgeousness...great colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You CASE ing your own card? And this is also more fabulous than the first one
    I love the blend of the circle in here so clean and love your sentiment too
    Great card Jules
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a glowing beauty, Julie ... the different bubbles of gorgeous colour are just delicious behind the rich gold embossing! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just stunning. WOW.. so very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can see why it is so popular Jules - it is just stunning!
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an elegant card Julie! The gold looks fabulous with that color scheme. Thanks for joining us at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the orange and gold combo! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)