Thursday 12 October 2017

A Twofer!

Morning all and welcome to a brand new challenge from Cardz4Galz.
This time we would like to see your cards etc on the theme of 

MONOCHROME

For my cards I decided to use the colours from LIM's latest challenge. The spice element reminded me of Liam's raised pie on Great British Bake Off which was flavoured with the spice Turmeric and turned the pastry yellow. Here's the result.


As I said in the title of this post, I ended up with two cards for the price of one.
I started by stamping my Uniko Pure Florals Gerbera in shades of yellow on a panel of white card. I decided to stamp my sentiment on a piece of plain card, so instead of placing it over the stamped panel, I cut a rectangle out from the stamped panel, giving me the idea of making another card.


The sentiment panel on this card is embossed in gold EP and inlaid in the stamped panel after it was attached to my base card. 


This card is much more CAS and the sentiment (SU) was stamped in brown then embossed with clear semi matt EP. The panel was then popped up on fun foam over a warm yellow base card.
For more monochromatic inspiration check out the rest of the team and then why not join in.

Joining in over at-
    

Please grab our logo

Autumn Glory

14 comments:

  1. I really like how you've made the sentiment the star of the show here and your stamping of the flowers in their Autumnal colours blend beautifully together in the background. Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How gorgeous! I love that you used the "left overs" in making your beautiful monochromatic card, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely two fabulous cards, Julie ! Love your gorgeous pattern you've made with this fabulous gerbera stamp in these hot and spicy colours ! What a great idea this design to make a 2 in 1 cards ! I have to remember it ! I love both of them but above all the CAS one with the orange card base, really stunning ! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Less is More and Uniko challenges !

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Simply delicious and loving your 2-fer idea Julie. So resourceful and such a clever masked creation with the stunning Uniko Gerbera. Thanks so much for playing at both Less is More and Uniko this week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really pretty and stylish Autumnal creation in lovely rich warm colours, many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo, fabulous use of the Uniko gerbera stamp. Superb cards. Thanks for playing at Uniko.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two cards at one go... Perfect! :) I love all the yellow hues and your beautiful stamping. Great cards! Thanks for joining us at Less Is More and I hope to see you playing along in our current challenge OLC: Stars!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are really lovely Julie, the colours are so striking and you are right about the likeness to the turmeric pastry!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so pretty. I LOVE your autumn colours.
    Wish you hadn't mentioned pie. I am trying to keep a lid on my pastry addiction :-)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning! I love the colours, the layouts - both card are just gorgeous. Thanks so much for playing along with Uniko this month. Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Goegeous colours. Both cards are wonderful showcases of the Gerbera set. Love them both x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous Autumn creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Swoon! Your twofer cards are stunning; lovely showcase of the gerbera in various shades of yellow! Thank you for sharing this gem in the Uniko Autumn/Fall/Halloween Challenge gallery!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a clever 'twofer'! Loving your use of the Uniko Pure Florals Gerbera in these Autumnal yellows and oranges. Thanks so much for sharing, inspiring and joining in on the fun at Uniko. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)