Thursday 26 October 2017

Altenew Stamps

Morning all.
It's time for a brand new challenge over at Cardz4Galz. This time around we would like to see projects featuring -

YOUR FAVOURITE FLOWER

Such a feminine theme, don't you think? Here is my card using Altenew's Amazing You stamp set.


I only get to use roses on cards as my OH doesn't like them. In fact at our last house, the first thing he did was dig them all out of the garden. I know they were past their best but he wouldn't let me buy some new ones to replace them. I think it's the thorns that get him as he even dislikes the wild briars in the hedgerows, especially when he is hedge trimming!

To start, I stamped and embossed in clear EP a selection of blooms and leaves on W/C paper. Using a mixture of Worn Lipstick and Tea Dye DI, I washed in some colour to the petals and a couple of my Zig pens for the leaves, which I then fussy cut when they were dry.
In a panel of white linen effect card, I cut an aperture using a Spellbinder die, then placing it on a matching white base card, I traced a faint outline of it onto the base card. This allowed me to remove the top panel and stamp my sentiment from Altenew's Wishing You set in black.
The roses and leaves were then arranged around the aperture and glued in place. After rubbing out the pencil line, I place the finished panel over the base card using pads to lift it slightly. A few spots of Glossy Accents and  Sprinkled Sugar were added and clear Wink of Stella added to the blooms completed the design.
For more flower inspiration check out the rest of the team here and why not join in.

Joining in over at:-




addicted-to-stamps-challenge
AG with Flowers

4 comments:

  1. Hi Julie, what a lovely card did you make. Love the beautiful soft coloured flowers. A very elegant card.
    Thank you for joining the challenge at Addicted To Stamps Challengeblog.
    Greetings Miranda (dt-ATSC)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful roses, Jules. Love the design with the roses framing your pretty shaped aperture. Same thing happened at my house, we moved in and there were lots of roses in the back yard. They were soon gone, but we have lovely greenery that is low maintenance. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous caard with beautiful rose stamps and an elegant design! Thanks for joining our challenge at Addicted to Stamps. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, i love the beautiful soft coloured roses.
    Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps.
    Greetings, Danoesja

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)