Sunday 25 June 2017

Mid summer Christmas

Afternoon folks.
After the heat of last week we have definitely cooled down and as it is presently raining here I have been in my craft room and the grass I am trying to remove from my new herbaceous border will have to wait.
Last week I was thinking that we are never happy with the weather in this country, too hot in summer and too cold in winter. Well that got me thinking about making some Christmas cards. I will hopefully have other things happening around November and the run up to Christmas looks like being a little hectic this year as I'm off to another of Kylie's retreats for Happy Little Stampers and my daughter is expecting our 2nd Grandchild. The craft shop where I sell my cards also asked for some cards last year so I might get some done a little earlier this year!

Here is another for the stash.


I saw the sketch at Less is More yesterday and it reminded me of a card I made here nearly three years ago, couldn't believe that when I went to my archive! 
So with a little bit of inking and die cutting and a #Uniko greeting it was pretty simple. I used a couple of dies, the tree line and the shaped top panel and the scrap left over I inked with Blueprint Sketch DI and bleached out the stars/ snow with a fine paint brush and water. The inky panel was glued flat onto a white base card then the top panels were popped up on pads.
Once I'd decided on the layout it was really easy to make so I may be making some more.
Outside it is still mizzling, so I'm staying put and listening to sound of the 70's reliving my youth!

Joining in over at - 

    

M more than one (dies and trees that is)


16 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are going to be having an exciting Christmas time and definitely need to get organised Julie...it's only six months away after all!! This is a lovely design and the rich blue is a brilliant backdrop.Its been much fresher here but dry and still nice enough to wear my shorts still!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this classy, stylish make! That gorgeous inked sky looks so crisp against the white background. It's a super Christmas scene, and well done for getting ahead on the festive makes! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2nd grandson?! Do you know something I don't?! Could be a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous design, Julie, and beautiful CAS-ness. So clean and fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very striking, the blue sur e,males the trees pop

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE it! It's nice to have the cool down, even if it's just on paper. :) This is just the perfect sketch for a winter snow scene. The bright blue and white are so fresh. Beautiful card Jules! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very elegant card - bravo!
    We have an interesting challenge now - Blue Christmas
    http://ikesworldchallengeblog.blogspot.bg/2017/06/ikesworld-challenges-91-anything-goes.html
    I invite you to participate!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A stunning card Jules, such a fabulous design - so elegant.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Makes me wish for Winter! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fab CAS design, Julie! I love how crisp that winter skyline looks against that rich blue. I don't want to wish the summer away just yet but Christmas cards don't seem that far off! Thanks, as always, for joining us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! I love the white scene against your wonderful blue BG!!
    Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Challenges!!
    Debbie (CCC DT)
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card, thanks for joining us at CCC.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful!! I love the design. Thanks so much for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Crisp, CAS and oh so brilliantly festive Julie. What an adorable night sky to make those fir trees pop! Superb take on the sketch and thanks for joining us at Less is More this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautiful christmas card with a wonderful die. Many thanks for joining in with our L and M challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge.
    Dorte x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful card - love that rich blue!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)