Saturday 8 April 2017

HLS Anything Goes with Dies April

Evening all. 
It's been a corker of a spring day around here, a little chilly in the stiff breeze but perfect for drying the washing and working in the garden.
The months are just flying by so it's time for a brand new challenge over at HLS Anything Goes with dies.
As the name suggests, all you have to do is use dies in your project to enter. Use them straight or use them to make stamps or stencils or masks for a change. I kept to the standard die cuts, the flowers are from a CC flower branch set and the branch is Memory Box.


I lost my scissors last weekend so decided a tidy up of my desk was in order to find them and while putting things away I found a couple of smooshed panels in a box of bits. The colour reminded me of cherry blossom and we'd passed loads of fabulous cherries in full blossom on our way to Shrewsbury the other day so the thought was at the front of my mind as I started this card. The scissors were staring at me in the pot on my desk by the way and I'd totally missed them, but at least the desk got a tidy!
The panels were made by smooshing some MM paper into Picked Raspberry DI and Platinum Inka Gold Wax spritzed with water. The wax gives the finished panel a lovely shimmery look that doesn't really show up here. I cut two branches from white card and trimmed them to fit the panel then added the small blossom flowers. I chose this slightly textured grey paper as a background as pink and grey are a very classy combo and show the blossoms off to the full. My sentiment is the only stamped element and is from the HLS Doodled Flowers set, embossed in white.
For more die cut inspiration check out the rest of the team here.

I'd like to join in over at:-
   

10 comments:

  1. So pretty, love those tiny pink blossom flowers. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card Julie. Ornamental cherry is such a lovely shade of pink. Our pear and cherry trees are in full blossom, won't last long though, it's blowing quite had tonight and has turned chilly too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie this is stunning. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely, Julie. I love the tiny blossoms and the combination with the gray. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very pretty card! I love the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty Julie! I love the tiny blossoms..so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so pretty. Waiting for those flowers to pop on our trees
    Barb Housner (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cherry blossoms look absolutely beautiful, I also love the border you added. Wonderful card! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so pretty!
    Fabulous make for the Happy Little Stampers!
    Susan
    Teamie
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)