Friday 17 March 2017

STAMPlorations, a reminder

Good afternoon.
Back again to remind you that there is still time to enter the theme/sketch challenge over at STAMPlorations.
Here is my card which uses the sketch as well as the theme.


I was a little stumped at first by this month's sketch and stared at it for quite awhile before inspiration struck!






I used a NEBUS stamp called Sketched:Tulips, it's one of Shery early one's but gorgeous none the less!
I used some linen effect card for this, as I was going to keep it very CAS and it gave just the right amount of texture. On a rectangular scrap of the same card, I diecut a half circle and then stamped the image a couple of times in Memento London Fog, replacing the semi circle back into the original panel after colouring with Copics. The colours I used were inspired by the challenge over at Cupcake Inspirations.
I looked through my offcuts for a green that I was happy with for my second panel, but in the end I made my own by smooshing a panel of card in some DI spritzed with water.
The top base panel was cut using a  CUTplorations Crazy Double Running Stitch Nesting Rectangle die and the bottom of the panel was made by embossing another previously cut one with an ARTplorations Foiled Again stencil. They make a good substitute for an EF even if it doesn't quite show up in the photo! A matching button from the stash and a greeting banner using text from Balloons and Banners complete. 

Well the hairdressers is calling, so I better get a wriggle on! For more fantastic inspiration check out the rest of the DT and GDs here, where you'll also find all the Ts and Cs.
Don't forget ifyou use my discount code you'll get 20% off when you order from the STAMPlorations shop.


I'd like to join in over at -

         

    
My choice - Die cutting, Alcohol Markers and Embossing

12 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card! Love how you colored that image. You can see the embossing on the bottom once you embiggen the picture. Very subtle, but love the extra texture it adds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie this is a gorgeous card I love the beautiful flowers. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your soft Spring colors for your beautifully colored tulips and how you were able to use the sketch for your design. Very creative and stunning Spring card :-) TFS Jules.. Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is actually a great Sketch and you have done a great job. Love the tulips and the pretty spring colours you used xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your spring tulips are so soft and delicate in these tones. Love the under panel with the green smooshing to give it lots of contrast. Great interpretation of the sketch Jules! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a darling card! So glad you linked up to this week’s Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful coloring! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Cupcake Inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you used your smooshed piece, Julie! The tulips are beautifully colored and I love them on the partial circle! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, Julie! You colored the tulips so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautifully painted tulips with that smooshed piece peeking behind.
    Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)