Friday 7 October 2016

Smile, it's a new challenge

Hi, and welcome to my post for the start of a new challenge over at STAMPlorations.
So without further ado here is my project!


For my card I used this month's sketch.

but if you prefer you could use our theme


or go totally mad and combine the two, the choice is all yours!

I looked long and hard at this months sketch before I decided on the design. I had the vision of a card at the back of my mind using the spotlight technique but I can't remember where, must be going senile! I must admit I was going to use watercolour but I stamped the blooms from the Bloom Sketches set, in Memento Onyx Black 2nd generation stamping, so I had to use Copics instead. Anyway, after a little hiccup over colour choice, I was quite pleased with the end result.
To start, I stamped the daisies onto some linen effect card, it gave a nice soft image to the background which I wanted. I then cut 3 circles to match the sketch and coloured those with my Copics. To complete I popped up the coloured circles up on pads over the background stamping. The sentiment is made up from words from the Sentiment Builders -Celebrate set and the Cutplorations word die Smile in black.

That's about it from me, but please go to the STAMPlorations blog for some fab inspiration and all the Ts and Cs.

I'd like to join in over at -

We would love you to display our banner !

Anything Goes

                

9 comments:

  1. What a beauty!! How beautifully spotlighted!! Your card rocks Jules!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fab Julie...you know how much I love daisies, think I may have mentioned it once or twice!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh my goodness Julie,what a stunning card, I love how you have done this and the daisies look just brilliant. Your colour and spotlighting is perfect. Your colouring of the flowers is brilliant. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge, your participation is much appreciated.
    Hugs Aileen DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great spotlight stamping and such beautifully coloured flowers too Jules.Thank you so much for sharing with us at The Flower Challenge and we hope to see you again soon ;) Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty. Love your spotlighting technique and pretty colored flowers. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a really beautiful card. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! I love the popped up colored flowers...fun dimension! GREAT job on this!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the birthday Anything Goes challenge!
    Sherrie K
    STB~Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow how gorgeous...love the look.
    Thanks for joining us at The Flower Challenge and hope you get a chance to play along again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)