Thursday 15 October 2015

You are Amazing

Good morning all.
Winter seems a little closer after these last few days. Al has been stacking logs and lighting the log burner the last few nights and Max has been very reluctant to stay out for very long at all on his last outing before bed!
Anyway down to business, it's time for a new challenge over at Cardz4Galz.
This week we want to see your creations that are -

PINK and PEARLY

A very girly topic and super appropriate as October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. This is a subject close to my heart, having had a couple of brushes with it over the last 20 years. So I made this card to say to all BC suffers and survivors YOU are AMAZING!


The inspiration for the layout is the challenge over at CAS(E) this Sketch, think I will just get there in time and the sentiment fits well with the cue word 'YOU' at CASology.

I used some Inka Gold wax to make the background and butterflies. My lovely friend Loll (Stamping with Loll), got me into this but I was having some problems using it at first so she gave me some advise and sent me some mixed media paper to play with, thank you.
However, I have experimented with some Daler and Rowney Aauafine 300gms HP w/c paper and that works fine but not as well as the MM paper which I haven't managed to source yet.
Anyway here's how I went about making the card.
I didn't have any pink Inka Gold so after putting some silver on my craft mat I dropped in some Picked Raspberry DI and spritzed them both with water and used a bit of cut n dry foam to mix, then smooshed the w/c paper over it to pick up the colour. Left to dry the paper has a wonderful pearly marbled finished. Hope you can see it in the photo.
The central panel was cut away from the pink and replaced with a white one using a MFT die and the butterflies were punched using an ancient punch of unknown origin!
The greeting from Stampin Up 'Painted Petals', thanks Di, was stamped in the same DI then embossed with fine clear EP. Pearls from the stash.

OK, sorry that was a bit long winded but there you have it!
Check out the rest of the DT's fab inspiration then why not join in?

I'm joining in over at :-

       

CREATIVE INSPIRATIONS
Clean and Simple

Thanks for stopping by! :)

7 comments:

  1. Prachtig kaart Julie. Eenvoudig mooi gedaan
    Groetjes Gerrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning design Julie!! Absolutely love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely design, Jules - and for such a great cause.
    Hugz, Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very pretty creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are amazing mum. Not my colours but perfect for a worthy cause.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful take on the sketch! Love your awareness theme--the pink butterflies are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very pretty, and for a very important cause also! Your marbling looks lovely, as does your layout. Wonderful card! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)