Tuesday 6 October 2015

Jewel Colours

Hi, and welcome to a scheduled post to let you know about the latest challenge over at Addicted to Stamps. This week it is our photo inspiration challenge and this is my card.


This is the photo that inspired it.


Now I'm not a great fan of Halloween, so I ignored the pumpkins and went with the stripes in jewel colours as my inspiration.
I had a great time at the stamp fair at Port Sunlight on Saturday. I met a few bloggy friends and spent quite a bit and one of my purchases was this butterfly image from Visible image, Butterfly INKognito, I had seen it in a magazine before and was tempted to indulge!
To achieve the striped effect I inked the butterfly image with DI's to match the colours in the photo masking as I went. I spritzed the inked stamp to make the colours come to life then stamped it onto a white panel. The feint texture on the butterfly is a left over from a previous experiment but I liked the effect so went with it, the sentiment I used is from this weeks sponsor,
who are offering a 10$ gift certificate to the winner chosen by the DT.
The stamped panel was mounted on black then a bright pink base card.
That's me done but for more fabulous inspiration please check out the rest of the team.

I'm joining in over at -

"Less is More"
Colour week - Jewel colours

       CYCI#89

25 comments:

  1. Gorgeous butterfly, Julie! I love the bit of texture and how you captured the color palette in the photo! Stunning card, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Julie,
    I like how you picked up on the inspiration photo with using the coloured stripes instead of any halloween items to create a wonderful butterfly card. Your card is a beautiful inspiration! Hugs from your team-mate stempelfrida

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, Julie. What beautifully original and CAS butterfly. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty colours i like how you was able to combine all those challenges, well done

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thus is lovely Julie, great colours. I assume you were at Port Sunny on Saturday? I bought that stamp too!

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning Julie!! That butterfly image is awesome and I love how you've achieved the colorful strips on the image too!! Great take on the photo! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great colours in your flutterby !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never do some kind of technique but you did so fabulous...Love the effect and as we dont like halloween card..I am with you Julie...dont know whem I should send my card...do you like pumpkin at least Julie...then I can send my DT card to you :)
    Hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really very stunning!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That butterfly image is wonderful with its shattered edges. Stamping it in the stripes really makes it fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH my...breath-take-away by your stunning butterfly! Soooo gorgeous; sooooo inspired!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! That color combination is amazing with that butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful card and a clever idea ! Fantastic effect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty! Thanks for joining us at CYCI.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Julie ~ Your card is simply breathtaking ~ I love the colors you chose ~ Thank you for joining us at CYCI ~ Wynne

    ReplyDelete
  16. A great take on the photo and perfect for LIM - a beautiful colourful card.
    Linby x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is gorgeous ..... beautiful colours! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this image and the colours look fab!
    Super card.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the coloring of the butterfly! It turned out a really beautiful card.
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Simply scrumptious Julie.
    Love that butterfly image - so clever, great use of the jewel colours and a super dreamy image too which makes it perfect for ATCAS also.
    Thanks for playing along at both LIM and ATCAS
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Jules, this is perfection! I love the way you did the stripes inside the butterfly! Thanks for joining us at CYCI :) Eva

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful and colorful butterfly Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  23. A great way of stamping the butterfly and a wonderful interpretation of the photo, Julie. I'm not a fan of Halloween either and I don't know anyone in the UK that sends cards. Perfect jewel colours too, great for our challenge.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love how you used the colours to create your fabulous butterfly! Super sentiment too. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)