Tuesday 10 January 2023

Introducing ..Background Blocks Mid Century Modern Linear

Good morning, I'm back with day 1 of the Uniko January release. Today we are focusing on another fab addition to the Background Blocks stable- Mid Century Linear. As with the other Background Blocks, it's extremely versatile, use it on it's own or in the background like I have in my first card.


On a panel of midnight blue card, I stamped the BB three times down the center of the panel with Versamark and then embossed with a mix of WOW Oceanic EP and WOW Changers Glisten.
On a separate piece of Copic friendly card, I stamped the large spray from Hello Lovely and coloured it with Copics. After fussy cutting it out, I laid it across the top 2/3rds of the blue panel on pads. The sentiment from Birthday wishes was stamped on a white panel and added flat. The completed panel was then glued flat onto a DL card base.

This second card was the result of an experiment, but I turned it into a masculine card with the simple addition of a fussy cut sentiment.


I started by stamping three of the stamp in a row on white card with Versamark, then embossed with Primary red EP, then added another set of the stamp just slightly off to one side and embossed with clear EP. Finally I inked over the top with Black Soot DOx.  The result was a bit patchy, I really needed to add more clear EP but that wasn't possible as the patchiness only showed up after the ink was added! 
I found a frame in my stash and moved it over the stamped panel until I found the best look and mounted the panel behind it and trimmed off the overhang. A simple red embossed sentiment from Birthday Sentiments, fussy cut and added on pads completes. 
The result a masculine card, perfect for a Man U or Sheff U fan!

The rest of the team have been playing with the new stamps too, why not check them out for some more fab inspiration. I'll be back again tomorrow with another new release.

4 comments:

  1. Very cool, modern background. It would great with so many images and styles of card. Great work showing it off, Jules. Especially love the first card (florals ... ahhhh). :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards just show how versatile the stamp is. It’s perfect behind that lovely floral but also looks fabulous on its own in your second card. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you Julie, this new block is so versatile. I only thought to combine it with other products from the Mid Century Modern collection. But you definitely prove with these two beautiful cards its versatility and how it also matches with totally different designs. Fabulous showcase !

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great examples of how to use that background, as such, or the feature on a card. Brilliantly done x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)