Sunday 16 January 2022

Color Hues #33

 Good afternoon. As we are over halfway through January already, it's time for a new colour combo at Color Hues. This time it was my turn to choose and I went with a wintery combination I hope you'll like. 

Here's my take using the new combination.


I made my card for my Son in Law's Grandparent's Platinum wedding. The platinum theme caused a bit of a mental block to begin with but I went down the silver and white route and they seemed to like the card.
I had a rummage through my silver card drawer, yes sad person that I am, I have one, and pulled out a variety of silver card, including some which when photographed has a shade of pink in it for some reason! Perhaps I had a pink top on when I photographed it, I can't remember! There was also some sparkly and flat white card and even some satin effect black with a hint of sparkle to give a little bit of depth.
After die cutting an oval into an A5 panel of white card, I added some texture paste through a STAMPlorations stencil and left it to dry. Once dry the panel was trimmed to leave a small border when added to my A5 base card. The flowers were die cut using Altenew's Rose Flurries dies and were arranged around the oval to create a pleasing arrangement.
The die cut sentiment is a mix of 2 STAMPlorations die cuts, C from Merry Christmas and elebrate from celebrate, I had to have a capital C and the celebrate is lower case! The 60 was cut using a freebie die and the stamped one is an ancient Uniko one long since retired.

So where will our colours take you? We'd love to see your take in the gallery but if you need more inspiration, check out the rest of the DT and our GD here.

Joining in over at:-

12 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card Jules, I can see lots of work went into it too... thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful bouquet and I love the die cut sentiment. It shines in these colors. Love your sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I love the texture and bouquet! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL...no shame in having a "silver card drawer", I have one of those and several others too!! I call it being organised!! This is such a lovely card Julie, perfect for such a special event x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like what Sarah said...no shame you are just that organized. :) I can't imagine making it to 60 years of marriage. It is unlikely hubby and I will see that number. I know this gorgeous card will be loved by the recipients! Great color combo for this time of year too! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful, and I'm sure they were thrilled with the card! I love the texture you got with the embossing paste. At first it appeared to be a 3D embossing folder. Your card is just the inspiration I need to pull my embossing pastes out for a run!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so gorgeous, Julie. I love the texture you created with the stencil and your wonderful arrangement of flowers around the oval is stunning. What a beautiful card for a wonderful occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is stunning, Julie! I love the effects created by the way the light hits your silver card. A WOW in every way!
    hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning and beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, I can see why they loved it, love the texture in the background too, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Julie this is stunning! I absolutely love the layered flower spray and such a wintery and elegant card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh what a beautiful anniversary card! The flowers are gorgeous & the background is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)