Wednesday 1 January 2020

Happy New Year and a New Challenge

Good morning.
Well the title says it all really.
The last few days of 2019 are best forgotten as far as I'm concerned, what with getting the 'flu on Boxing Day!
Here's my inspiration for you based on the new theme and photo prompt at STAMPlorations




For my interpretation, I used some of the smaller stamps from Carved Flowers and the twiggy sections from Wooded, and the small seed head from Bloom Doodles.
To start, I traced a feint pencil heart shape onto a white base card and then used the twiggy stamp from Wooded to add a base layer on which to build the wreath. I used a dark green ink which I embossed with clear EP before adding the 3 smallest blooms from Carved Flowers in shades of purple around.
To infill I used the small seed head from Bloom Doodles, adding solid areas of colour to some of the heads. I went back in when dry to add some silver with a small paint brush to tone down the purple blooms before adding splatter and a sentiment from Better Together embossed in silver EP.

That's about it from me but please check out the rest of the team here, where you'll find all the usual Ts and Cs

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you and yours Julie, I hope it is a good one!! Sorry to hear that you were poorly after Christmas, hope you are feeling better. I LOVE this card, the colours are gorgeous and the rustic style is fabulous, lovely sentiment too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous take on the inspiration photo, Julie and the heart wreath looks gorgeous against those rustic speckles. I'm sorry to hear you were ill over Christmas but hope you are on the mend and that 2020 brings you everything you hope for.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! Love the beautiful flower heart. Great sentiment with adding the 30 inside the gold outline heart. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)