Tuesday 24 April 2018

Cherry Blossom

Good morning all. It's time for a brand new challenge over at ATSM.
This week its

CAS (Clean and Simple)

Here is my inspiration card for you. Please accept my apologies for the photo as when I took it, it was too sunny and the silver elements were either too shiny or too indistinct, this was the best one I got.


Here is a quick reminder of what a CAS card should include.


My inspiration for this card are the forthcoming nuptials of one my son's oldest friends. He started playgroup with him and he went on his stag do at the weekend, 32 years later!
When I saw the photo inspiration at the Card Concept I knew it had to be cherry blossom for a spring wedding.These are made using assorted elements from Altenew's Vintage Flowers that were still on my desk after an earlier card and  I did think of a blue background but my white ink wasn't playing so the stamping looked washed out! Also AAA's theme is Perfect Day and what's a more perfect day than cherry blossom on a sunny wedding day?
After inking the branch with Espresso Truffle Memento ink, I rubbed some of it off with a baby wipe to create some texture before stamping on a white card panel. The blossom was stamped in Angel Pink and Rose Bud, 1st and 2nd generation!
The sentiment comprises my fave Congrats die cut in silver and a sentiment strip made up of a silver peel off greeting. The ladies at Less is More want us to bring something back, I have absolutely bucket loads of  peel-offs which were in the pile to be scraped but I rescued some for this card. Now come on admit you have some of those once staple items in your stash at the back of the cupboard. 
A few sequins complete.



So what will you be inspired by, check out the rest of the fab team's inspiration here then join in.

Joining in over at:-

Bringing peel-offs back!

       


Spring wedding and cherry blossom

19 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Julie, the cherry blossom is so pretty and perfect for a wedding card
    Hugs Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Julie
    the flower cherry is very soft on your card
    I love it and love your CAS style
    great card for your son`s friend
    is a HE or a SHE
    but its so feminin and elegant
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card Jules and I love those soft spring coloures. I really like that wiping ink off technique for the branch - I'm going to have to try that!
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delightful, Julie. Cherry blossoms are the perfect harbinger of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great technique to create your gorgeous card Julie! Love those cherry blossoms. Hugs, Gwendolyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is stunning. I love your pretty cherry blossoms and the shiny silver elements for your sentiment. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply lovely, Julie ... delicious cherry blossoms, beautifully complemented by the shimmery silver sentiment! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful cherry blossom design for the occasion, Jules, and for the time of year it is! Great card for all these challenges!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. So soft and subtle Julie. Love all the beautiful elements you used here. It's stunning and would look awesome IRL.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, Julie. Those cherry blossoms are so pretty and delicate looking! Thanks for sharing at AAA Cards challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful colour scheme...I love the soft pinks and taupe-gray!♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty! Love the gentle pink and silver combination, really perfect for a Spring wedding. Thanks for joining in with the AAA Cards Perfect Day Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty, and the sentiment is perfectly placed. An ideal card for a springtime wedding. Saying that it is a tad chilly here again...brrrrr xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. So delightful! Soft pink is amazing and together with silver sentiment, great combo.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a lovely branch of blossoms, Julie, and the silver sentiment is perfect with them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So classy and pretty. Love the silver embossed sentiment. And I would have never guessed the second part of the sentiment is a peel off. You not only rescued it, but managed to make it look current. Great job! Thank you for joining us at Less is More. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a really beautiful card! I love the softness of the pretty blossoms against the cool silver sentiment. My jaw dropped when I read you had used a peel-off! It looks so cohesive on this design. Fab - u- lous.
    Thanks so much for sharing this with us,
    Sharon xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the gorgeous, delicate blooms of your cherry blossom branch, Jules. Perfect paired with the silver accents. A very special keepsake for your son's dear friend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is lovely , Julie. I especially like the silver
    and pink together. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)