Thursday 12 April 2018

Altenew's April inspiration

Afternoon folks.
Just popping by to share a card I started a couple of days ago but just got around to finishing this aft.


These gorgeous roses have sat in my stash for over a year and this is the first time they've really been used. They come from Altenew's Vintage Flowers set. Last week I saw a video by Jennifer McGuire on what she calls 'Spotlight Stamp Layering'. I was intrigued enough to have a play but although she makes it look so easy, it took quite a few attempts to get a result I was happy with. The first was more like her examples but I didn't like the effect I got, so tried again, a couple of inky bloopers and finally I ended up with this, I do love a OLC, so good for posting. 

I started by cutting my tag base card by using a CC tag card die, another purchase not so used until now, and then thought long and hard about the position of my sentiment and focal bloom after all the mishaps!

The sentiment is made up from an Altenew freebie from a mag and part of one from Amazing You, stamped in Memento Grape Jelly. In the video, Jennifer suggests that this is done last but I found it easier to do it first, then stamped the rose base with a deep pinky purple ink, Memento Lilac Posies. The next layers consisted of Sweet Plum and Grape Jelly. My leaves, from the same Vintage Flowers set were stamped in Pear Tart, Bamboo Leaves and Northern Pine. For the background blooms I used 2nd generation Lilac Posies and New Sprout Memento.
Although it took awhile to get there, I'm quite pleased with the end result and I'm sure subsequent cards would be so much easier!

I'm linking up over at:-

    

Please grab our logo
One for the Girls

Take It, Make It Challenge
AG

7 comments:

  1. Marvelous design and awesome colors! So glad you could play along with us in this month's Altenew Inspiration Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really lovely Julie, you have made a great job of this card, the layered rose looks amazing, that oarticular combo of inks work so well together. A dry day here, although the pony still wore her rug, I was too afraid that she would wallow in the "swamp" if she went out naked!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely stamping Julie and the colours co-ordinate beautifully. I really like the shape of your card too. Thank you for sharing this with us at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so lovely Julie!loving your beautiful roses, the faded ones and the bright one and the colours you used also.Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' and we hope to see you again soon ;) Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks lovely Julie, the colours are so pretty. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful creation Julie, just love Altenew stamps and you have used the layers to perfection on the main rose. The softness of the background roses are just excellent and love the colours. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge and we hope to see you there again soon. Aileen DesignTeam

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)