Thursday 3 December 2015

Cardz4Galz

Good morning everyone and welcome to a post to announce the new challenge over at Cardz4Galz.
This week as Christmas approaches apace, we have chosen the theme of -

VINTAGE CHRISTMAS

Well I must say that this one did tax the little grey cells as it's not my sort of thing, I'm more of a cute and clean girl!
Anyway that is what being on a DT is all about, stretching yourself and getting out of your comfort zone. So after a bit of head scratching and web surfing here is my contribution to the DT.


I remembered that I'd made a wedding card last year (here) and based it on that.
The DP is from a set from LOTV that my friend Di gave me so I'm not sure what the name is but is sort of vintagey in feel, beige with pink, ruby red and green festive foliage. I distressed it by painting some white gesso along the edges then distressed them with a distressing tool and some Vintage Photo DI. Some lace and ribbon from the stash were added across the bottom of the DP then a die cut doily inked with Vintage Photo followed by the sentiment verse on a panel edged in more DI. 
The pine foliage was die cut along with the poinsettia flower but the Christmas Roses are from the stash and the cones are some from our alder trees that were collected for the seed, to grow on. A string of pearl trim was wound through the spray to finish off. The whole panel was then mounted on a burgundy base card.
Not exactly postman friendly but I am going to make a box for it to go in before giving it to friends for Christmas.
OK, now it's your turn, we'd love to see what you come up with. For more inspiration please check out the rest of the DT.
.
 I'd like to join in over at - 

   

  CREATIVE INSPIRATIONS

Anything Goes option of a sketch (no sketch for me)



8 comments:

  1. Prachtig kaart Julie.Mooi met alle kleuren
    Groetjes Gerrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautifu layering of die cuts, ribbons and flowers - and what a lovely Christmas sentiment! thank you for joining us in the Mixed Media Card Challenge! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your doily die is so beautiful Julie and makes a lovely centre piece for your gorgeous card, beautiful laying and sentiment too
    Hugs Babs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really lovely Jules. What a super sentiment (might borrow that one if I may?) and framed by those lovely festive blooms and pearls makes for a gorgeous "special" card. It's a bit scary here tonight, the wind is up so very little sleep for me I suspect!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really pretty creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful Christmas card! thanks for playing along with us at MMCC :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous vintage design, Julie! I love that sentiment! So happy you could play along with us at the MMCC!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)