Monday 1 June 2015

New Sketch

Good afternoon.
Today sees the start of a new sketch challenge over at STAMPlorations. After the hectic stencil bloghop it's back to regular business.
This is the card I would like to share today using the new sketch.




It also uses some of the new stamp sets from the incredibly talented Dee, from Dee's Art Utopia. This set is called Blooming Buds and I was so excited to find it in my letterbox last week and couldn't wait to play with it.
I started by stamping two of the flower heads and leaf cluster on a panel of card, which I coloured with Copics. I then stamped the large flower head, bud and large leaf on a scrap of card and then coloured and fussy cut them. The Happy Birthday was stamped on a thin strip of scrap card.
I cut down an A6 (UK) piece of card and put a thin strip of dark pink card down two inner edges.
The panels were then mounted over the stamped panel allowing it to peep through. I assembled the fussy cut pieces then attached them over the recessed stamped panel.
OK, now it's over to you. Pop over to see what the rest of the DT and our fab GDs have made for more inspiration.

Elaine GD
Lindsey GD
Becca DT
Tenia DT
Wei Wei DT

I'm joining in the fun over at -

     

Stamping Sensations - Flower Power

Simply Create Too - Keep it Simple

Thanks for calling around

24 comments:

  1. This is a lovely design Julie, I really like the way you have raised the card round the panel, works very well indeed. Might have to try that idea if you don't mind.

    It's lovely to see you at Stamping Sensations, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Gorgeous flowers card! I really love those soft pink flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome use of Deepti's images with this sketch! This is a beautiful card~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card design and great use of the colors!! Thxs for joining us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooo, those colours are beautiful. Your card is simply gorgeous, Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your beautiful creation stopped me in my tracks! This is so gorgeous .... love your design and those lovely colors. Really like how you lined the inner edges with the pretty pink card stock!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Love how you colored the flowers. Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a brilliant take of the sketch. Love your design and colors you used. Thank you for sharing your fabulous card with us at Stamping Sensation.
    Eret x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful design!!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Julie, this is so very beautiful! I love the color choice and your coloring and the design is just superb!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you echoed the focal flower in the vertical panel. So pretty! Beautiful colouring as well. So happy to be joining this talented team for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am over the moon seeing this gorgeous card :) you made my stamps look so pretty ! thank you for making my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay you - congrats on your shout out at Simply Create Too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fabulous card!!! I had to case it and have posted in on [url=http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2645877?&cat=500&ppuser=135325]SplitCoastStampers[/url] if your interested. TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my! This is a stop dead in your tracks card! Just gorgeous! You have inspired me to make one similar!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card! Did you use popups to the side panels? Thx for sharing! 😀💥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Lorraine, the top panel is on pads.

      Delete
  18. Very beautiful card. I love the color panel and wonderful flower.
    Hugs,
    BożenA

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)