Saturday 3 January 2015

Happy Birthday @ Fantasy Stampers

Good morning everyone.
Did you realize it is a whole year since the first challenge started over at Fantasy Stampers, so to celebrate the fact Jan has chosen the appropriate topic of 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY


This is my contribution to the DT's inspiration. It uses a new set of stamps that I got from the STAMPlorations stamp club just before Christmas( Something New). It's called Boxed Blooms. You may ask why boxed, well the flowers are surrounded by a frame on the actual stamp but for this purpose I fancied using it a little differently.
I stamped the rose from the set then coloured using DI then fussy cut them to remove the frame.
I made the background by washing a layer of green DI then stamping a leaf from my Hero Arts Stitched frame set in the darker green. I added a touch of the pink then layered the roses on top.
The sentiment was die cut from black card using a Spellbinders die (something old) and glued in place.

So why not pop over to the main blog and check out the rest of the DTs inspiration and join in.
Please remember that we will not include digi stamps in out top3, so to avoid disappointment keep it to traditional stamping!

I shall enter the following challenges-


STAMPlorations - Anything Goes
Love Rubberstamps - Something Old Something New 

12 comments:

  1. This card is so striking and totally gorgeous Julie.
    Perfect colouring and a superb design. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING card Jules. Pink and green have to be one of my favourite combos xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my...absolutely stunning, Julie! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness golly ---- this is SO fantastically beautiful. Absolutely lovely, Jules.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful roses, Jules! And I love that you used them a little differently than intended! I love being able to us stamps in more than one way! Thanks for the tip on the candle flames.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your watercoloured cards are always amazing Jules! This is so beautiful and I love how you've stamped the leaves over the wash of green. Fussy cutting the roses really gives them a presence with some depth. Gorgeous! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card. I love the depth of the card. Great result. Thank you for sharing your talents with us over at Loves Rubberstamps. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful cheery card to get us ready for spring, Jules - I love the rose stamp and what a great idea to fussy cut the roses. Just wanted to say a huge 'thank you' for your dt support over the last year at Fantasy Stampers, and here's to the next. Happy New Year to you, hun.
    Hugz, Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woah -- amazing card, Julie! LOVE how you used the boxed rose in a different way. Super beautiful watercoloring and that background is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Jules - and surely using your stamp that way is thinking outside the box? Love n hugs, Cindy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card - I love that background!! Thanks for playing at STAMPlorations :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)