Tuesday 2 June 2020

Girls just want to have a cocktail

Evening all.
I hope I find you well, especially in these strange times. Social distancing rules are being slowly eased here in the UK but we're still a long way to being back to pre Covid-19 normality. We should be celebrating our daughter's 40th in a couple of weeks but that is all on hold, parties are something that happened quite awhile ago. That is unless you can have one with the rest of your lockdown household!
My OH had the bright idea of dressing up at least once a week to have a virtual date, just like we were going out but staying put, if that makes sense. All I seem to wear these days are jeans and a T or a shirt if I go to the supermarket, so I suppose he has a point.
Anyway we can all enjoy the thought of going out or even a party but we can still party in the virtual world with the latest challenge at HLS CAS, here is my card for your inspiration. A OLC with just a little bit of paper piecing.



These two gals from Stamping Bella just shrieked party and the sentiment from Uniko was perfect.
After stamping and colouring with Copic markers, using the colours from Cupcake Inspiration, I decided the pink dress was too red so found a scrap of pink DP with cream dots and did a bit of shading with Copics and fussy cut it before adding over the original colouring. 
I think I like this more than the original anyway! As I've used spotty paper perhaps I can join in over at Less is More too.
However, if you want more party themed CAS ideas, check out the rest of the team here and then why not join us in our virtual party themed challenge.

Joining in over at:-

   
                                                     Oops, sorry forgot about the paper piecing!

10 comments:

  1. Lovely, just lovely

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah bless dad and his ideas. That's sweet of him! Party booked for next year instead! Shame I'm in school for my birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an adorable celebratory card. I too cannot be with my son on his 25th this year. It is very hard on us parents. Most important in the end is that we stay healthy to celebrate future birthdays. Thank you for playing along with us over at Cupcake Inspiration Challenges.
    Please come play again!
    -Sandy, DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Stamping Bella girls are gorgeous! Perfect for your party card. (We've been dressing up - as in, not yoga pants :D - for Sunday dinner the past few weeks. It does make a difference!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A super card, and if only you had kept it a one layer card you would have kept to our brief! I can understand the paper piecing though - it is so frustrating when colouring doesn't always go the way you'd like. Thanks for playing with us at Less is More.

    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this fun card Julie, great colouring and the paper pieced dress is shaded beautifully. I think Al had a good point there!! When we had sunshine I was actually putting on a dress in the evenings but now it has turned colder the socks have come back out!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a fun card! I love your coloring and Love the way you incorporated the challenge colors in your card. Wishing youe beautiful daughter, a very happy birthday. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations :) Hugs ~ Ishani

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun card. Nothing like a polka dot party dress. Love your coloring. Thanks so much for playing our Going Dotty Challenge at Less Is More.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great theme for a party card. The girls look great and the dotted dress is perfect.
    It seems that as the world slowly emerges from the pandemic crisis, in Poland we are beginning to approach at the peak of incidence at dizzying speeds. I live in the very epicenter of infections and we will probably be forced to isolate for a long time.
    Safe remains, this is the most important thing. Next year you will celebrate your daughter's double birthday. It could mean that the your daughter will be a year younger in a year! So smart :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty celebration card, Jules and I love the paper piecing. What a great idea your husband had to dress up for a date night in these troubling times. Anything to bring some light into the equation!
    Hope you are keeping well.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)