Sunday 14 January 2018

Two Hearts

Morning all.
It's another grey day here, nothing much to cheer away the January blues. Still at least it's not icy or snowy!
I've been planning this card all week, every time I tried to make a background something went wrong, first the w/c paper soaked up too much water and then when I used another piece it was the wrong colour. So I changed tack and use a totally new technique that popped up on my Pinterest feed, using Alcohol ink, Yupo paper and cling film.


My good friend Loll got me interested in Yupo paper and I indulged just before Christmas but didn't have the opportunity to use it then. So although I don't have any alcohol inks, I do have Copics and refills and they are alcohol based, so decided to have a play. Not wishing to waste my expensive paper, I cut one into 1/2 then one in 1/2 again to give me a small panel which I coloured with a couple of dark Copics, BV09 and V09. I then added some V12 Various Ink along with some blending solution and quickly laid over some scrunched up cling film and left over night.
I was quite pleased with the end result, adding a couple of cut down scribbled hearts cut from sparkly silver card and a brand new sentiment from CASual Fridays in silver to complete.

I shall join in over at:-



My choice- die cuts


For your blog
Love

14 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! The shimmery hearts, love. Thanks for playing along at Casual Fridays All That Glitters. DTM Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous effect from your AIs with cling wrap, Jules. Pretty combination of colours for the background with your sparkly hearts. LOVE the sentiment. Great idea to use Copic refills! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty Julie! I love the background. The scrunched cling wrap texture looks so effective, perfect backdrop for the hearts, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done with the Copic refills on YUPO paper, Jules! With the cling wrap technique you have achieved astonishing results! I love it, especially paired with the silver hearts and the sweet sediment!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW ! Love the result Julie ! Your background is really stunning with the cling wrap technique on your Yupo paper. And I love this heart die cut ! A fabulous combination of challenges ! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Less is More !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card. Thanks for sharing at CAS on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the cling wrap technique on alcohol ink and this is a beautiful piece! Love those sparkly sketch hearts too! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cling wrap background is beautiful, Julie. I can’t believe you used your Copic refills... they aren’t cheap so I use mine strictly to re-ink my markers. Love all that texture from the creases. The hearts and sentiment are perfect choices. Thank you for joining us at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice card! Lovely!
    Thanks for joining us at Cas on Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! Love what you created with the AI refills. Thanks for playing along with everyone at the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful use of copic refils Julie! what an awesome panel!! There is so much movement in the purple ink and the silver hearts are a perfect embellishment. Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Less is More xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely wedding card Jules! love the soft colors on your cling wrap background and the simple die cut hearts and sentiment make it all look so elegant! thank you for joining us in the CAS Mix Up Challenge! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)