Wednesday 8 March 2017

Mostly Teal

Good evening folks.
I'm posting at this relatively late hour because its time for a brand new challenge over at HLS Anything Goes with Dies.

So here is my card based around a couple or three challenges!


I'd admired this card here for sometime so I thought I would use it as inspiration to create this as well as the colour at LIM, Oscar dresses at AAA and ribbon at Memory Box.

I dug into my stash of card, I really am trying to use it up before I buy more, honestly, and found a piece of Core'd'inations in teal. A border was cut using part of  a Spellbinders die and then cut my MB Lunette Butterfly from the top middle. The dress that caught my eye on this year's Oscars red carpet was one worn by Cate Blanchett, a very feminine number and I loved the floaty organza butterflies and the pretty pale turquoise colour. I stuck with the butterfly and organza elements, the turquoise was perhaps a tad too pale for teal!
With the same MB die I cut an other from the middle of a panel some funky foam. I glued the outer of the foam on the back of the teal panel and tied a white georgette ribbon around the bottom. 
After sticking the panel on a base card I added back the foam butterfly die cut followed by the teal one, gluing as I went. I love this technique and used it for a couple of cards recently here and here

Anyway that's all from me, I should be back from my craft class when this goes out, if the weather is kind! Missed it last week.
For more die cut inspiration pop over to the HLS site and join us.


I'd like to join in over at -

Cate Blanchett
                                                    Cate Blanchett (love the butterflies)

Badge

The lambs are arriving in a constant stream now. However one made an unintended visit with some of her pals. Monday evening as we were feeding and checking over the days deliveries, #63 was on her own. As the light was failing fast we thought we better pair her with Mom and sibling, but after driving around in the increasing darkness we had no luck locating mum or sibling. At this point we rang Joe up at the lambing shed to see if she had inadvertently got in with the others and mum and twin were still there. Good news, mum was bleating her head off calling for it! So with lamb safely ensconced in the footwell we returned her to her family, only for her to come back down Tuesday lunch. Apparently she had been bleating for most of the night to come back down. She never made a muff the whole time she was in the car, both whilst we searched and on the journey up to the farm!
Here they all are yesterday afternoon before they were let out into the field. 


Do I detect a rather knowing look in her eye? Think we may have to keep an eye on our young explorer!

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have an adventurous type there Julie. Our dry cow field was closest to the house so we could keep an eye when they were close to calving. The other side of the hedge was a 30 acre maize field, I have forgotten how many times we had to seek out calves that had headed off through the hedge into the maize jungle!! Always found them thankfully!! Anyway...your card is gorgeous, lovely colour and the ribbon really adds a pretty touch xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie your card is stunning. Thank you for sharing your pictures of the sheep. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card. Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your beautiful card and the dress that inspired it. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very elegant! Love your inlaid butterfly..so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and a great take on the dress you chose as your inspiration. Love that wonderful die cut. Thanks for linking up and playing along with us at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a stylish card Julie! I love the clean design and elegant curved lines. Really fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So stunning and elegant Julie. Love your take on the Oscar challenge at AAA and it's great to see you playing along at both LIM and AAA with this one. Great use of teal and a truly elegant card. Thanks so much. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving your elegant design, Julie. The inlaid die looks great and you've inspired me to remember that I own tonnes of ribbon and never use it! Sounds like you've got a handful with that little lamb!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is so pretty, says spring to me
    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card and great take on your inspiration dress. thanks for sharing with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)