Friday 17 February 2017

STAMPlorations reminder

Welcome back peeps.
It's time for a reminder that there is still time to play along at this month's sketch/theme challenge over at STAMPlorations.

Here's my card to inspire you.


I've used the theme but looking again I probably used the sketch as well!



Whether you choose one or the other or combine them we'd love to see what you've been inspired to make.

Having been there and done the 'retro' thing when it was up to date fashion, I wanted to remind myself of one or two things I remembered about the 50's, 60's and 70's, so I went trawlling Pinterest and Google images. What I was looking for were fabric and pottery images as I'd previously gone down the wallpaper route for my first post. I found lots of images but was struck by the way that black outlines were used with splodges of colour.  A few of the designs that appealed to me are
here, here, here, here and this card here.

I used the leaves and one of the flower heads from Blooming Buds and stamped them randomly in black across a panel of white card. Using the large and small solid circle stamp from Retro Mod Shapes, I stamped some circles in shades of green and using a homemade stencil I inked some larger ones with some soft tealy blues.
Rather than do the same as in this card, I decided to add a strip across the bottom in matching green and a fine strip of black. On a small scrap of the same green I stamped and embossed the Happy Birthday from the Balloons and Banners set and added a shadow mount in black to one half.
The rest of the DT and GDs have some fantastic inspiration over at the STAMPlorations site if you need more inspiration, you'll also find all the Ts and Cs there as well.

PS Don't forget to use my code if you are buying your goodies

I'd like to join in over at -

no topping this time!

Take It, Make It Challenge


8 comments:

  1. I love the way you have incorporated circles of color with your nature stamps, Jules! Fantastic design! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie this is a gorgeous card. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am never disappointed when I visit you Julie!! This is such a lovely design, the black outlines look fab atop the blue and green dots...fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So retro, fun and delicate colours x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how pretty--love the stamping & colors! Took me a long time to decide I needed a MISTI, but finally got the mini which I couldn't be without now! Wish I'd gotten the bigger one, so will probably end up with the new Tim Holtz platform.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a wonderful card, I love how you have done the spot colouring, Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the softness of your background Julie! What a great way to make a CAS card interesting! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday! Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)