Tuesday 18 October 2016

Spiders or Insects

Morning all.
Everyone in blogland seems to be in full Halloween mode. Not really my cup of tea, but when you're on a DT you sometimes have to make things that aren't what you would normally make. So for this week's challenge at Cardz4Guyz we are asking for cards on the theme of

BOO (Halloween) or  THANKS

Anyway, I got my thinking cap on and made this. 


I was inspired by the challenge over at Less is More to include an insect or spider on your card.
I'd seen some funky goggle-eyed spiders on a card somewhere and thought them a bit of a hoot. I quite like spiders, we have plenty of them here in the countryside and at the old house we used to see  a rather large one scuttle from the fire across the carpet at this time of year. I found out recently that they are probably males looking for love! Well the deceased one in the guest en-suite was sadly unrequited!
OK, here's how I made this card. I first inked a panel with some DI in Wilted Violet, Seedles Preserve and Stormy Sky leaving a lighter central section, before stamping a star from a Wplus9 set that I added extra lines to to make the body more rounded, then doodled in the legs and added a pair of googly eyes. The background panel was embossed using an old Cuttlebug EF folder and the white letters were cut using dies by MFT.
For more inspiration please check out the rest of the team here.

I'd like to join in over at -

"Less is More"
Spiders or Insects

CAS on Sunday
Halloween


9 comments:

  1. There's something really appealing and clever about this design. I love the way you've divided the card into two long strips and filled one with an embossed web and got the spider dropping down the other one. It looks so eye catching having the length mirrored like that. The googley eyed spider is superb! Love your ink blending too. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so clever Julie and totally cute. Fantastic embossing folder considering Halloween isn't your thing and love, love, love how you've practically hand-drawn your spider. Add in the googlie eyes and I'm sure your grandson would love this one. Thanks for playing along at Less is More this week. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has to be the cutest spider in blogland, Julie! Love the googly eyes and clever way you have added the embossed web too. Great to see you at Less is More, as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely and so cute at the same time. Have a nice day, Ankie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous spider Julie! Using a star and adding extra lines for the body was inspired! Made me smile as it looks like it has just had an electric shock. Lol. (Must be the popping google eyes that give that impression) it's a stunner of a Halloween card. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Less is More. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's not my thing either. Even when the boys were small. However I love your spider...really cute xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Julie. What a fabulous way to create your own spider, he's awesome! Lovely blend and the embossed web looks fantastic.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card, and I say that as one not fond of spiders at all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! The spiderweb embossed background is just perfect with that fun spider! Thanks so much for playing along with our Halloween challenge at The Male Room this week! Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)