Tuesday 18 October 2016

Ghosting

Hi folks.
I have been playing around with a technique I first came across awhile ago, GHOSTING.
I used it for a card when I GD'd over at HLS  CAS challenge, here. I used the same technique for this card.


The inspiration for this is from the garden as we have a huge rudbekia plant flowering profusely, even managing to survive the ravages of rabbits, sheep and slugs!
I inked up a panel of card with DIs in golden yellows and oranges then stamped the flower heads from a STAMPlorations set, in grey. I added the stems and leaves freehand. The flower heads were then painted over with water then blotted with a piece of kitchen roll, to bleach away the colour = ghosting. The centers were then coloured with brown and shadow added with Weathered Wood DI. The stems and leaves were painted with a mixture of greens and brown. 
To add further interest I covered the flowers and splashed the background with water before mopping up the splatters with the kitchen roll. I stamped the THANKS from STAMPlorations on a vellum strip and embossed it with gold and wrapped around the coloured panel.
The base card was also stamped with the flower head but this time I embossed them with clear EP.

I'd like to join in over at-



My choice is embossing

Please do grab our logo to display on your own blog

Autumn


13 comments:

  1. Your flowers are so pretty Jules! Two great techniques to add ghosting to your card. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, what a beautiful card! Thank you for explaining how you did the flowers - they look awesome! Thank you for entering our October challenge at Rubber Dance ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. These flowers are just gorgeous, I must try this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Jules,stunning card...hugs Željka

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how the petals of these flowers looks transparent! Beautiful card, Julie, and a wonderful use of the ghosting technique! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so wonderful! Love your card. Thank you for entering the Rubber Dance challenge. Hugs, Susanne.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! I think I will have to try this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A glorious floral creation, many thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More and challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful Julie. You really are a clever girl!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gorgeous Autumnal card and beautiful image.
    Thank you for entering our challenge at Penny Black and More this month.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful technique and gorgeous card!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black and More!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those lovely flower heads work brilliantly with this technique, Julie. And well done for adding the stems and leaves freehand, they look like part of the same stamp. Love that you've continued the design around the edge too with the clear embossing.
    Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful Julie your stamping and embossing is fabulous!
    The flowers are so pretty too!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Happy Little Stampers CAS Team

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)