Saturday 2 July 2016

You are one in a million

Good morning.
Where has the summer gone? The rain and grey skies certainly aren't my idea of July.
Even the tennis at Wimbledon has been disrupted causing the committee to think of having a people's Sunday. I can only remember one of those and Jimmy Connors was still playing!
Anyway as I can't get out in the garden or watch tennis I've been playing in the craft room.
This week sees a new challenge over at Fantasy Stampers, where we would like to see your projects on the theme of -

WISH UPON A STAR

I had one or two ideas about this topic but here is what I ended up making for your inspiration.


 I started by making a galaxy background using a mixture of Seedless Preserve and Salty Ocean  DI to ink a panel of white card. then splashed some plain water over and bleached away some of the colour. A little bit of white gouache paint flicked from a toothbrush finished the background. I then turned my attention to my focal point. I bought a DoCrafts set called Forever Friends Classic Decadence a while ago from The Range, this is only one of the bears included, so quite good value for money, the sentiments are also from the same set.
I stamped the bear on a scrap of card and coloured it with Copics before fussy cutting him and stamped the sentiments on a panel cut from the background I'd made and embossed with gold. I also added a couple of extra stars. The happy birthday has a tiny star pattern on alternate letters but they don't show up that well here!
The panel was popped up on pads over a linen base card and the bear added, job done.

Please check out the rest of the DT for some more fab star filled inspiration.

Remember we are a stamping challenge, so no digis please.

I'd like to join in over at -


Take It, Make It Challenge

Anything Goes


My choice is inked background and heat embossing

11 comments:

  1. What a lovely card Julie. Such a cute bear and the embossed message is fantastic. I am determined to have a go at that type of background, I think I might just manage it !! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. I don't think you even needed the bear, the background and sentiment work well without him, even though I do love a Forever Friends bear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute bear Jules. LOVE that sponged and splattered background, perfect with the gold embossed sentiment. Thanks for sharing at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful background - love those Distress colours with the gold embossing on top. Your bear is so sweet. Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this background and that sweet bear, Julie! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great background on your card and the little bear is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love every single thing about this card! Your background is fabulous and that bear is just too cute! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, love your sky with your very cute bear.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card, Julie! Love the galaxy background. Thanks for playing along at Craft Stamper :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute ... love the inky background. Thanks for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for playing and LOVE your project for the Craft Stamper this month
    xxx Ellie Knol xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)