Friday 15 July 2016

GD at Tag you're it!

After last week's busy blogging week, I've been pretty quiet. This was mainly due to my SIL visiting with her husband but I did manage to grab a little crafty time to make this card for the reminder post at Tag You're It!


I was honored to be asked by Tracy to GD for their latest challenge based on this fab tag from Donna Mikasa.


This week I decided to make a CAS card with the CASEd tag, using the following elements, white heat embossed flower, b/w strip, w/c background, black sentiment. The flower is from a Woodware set, 'Doodled Flowers', the foliage from a Uniko set. The colors are from ColourQ and the layout Freshly Made Sketches. The tag is a Poppy Stamps 'Stitched Main Street Tag' and the EF used for the background is Darice, I think. 

It had to be a quick and simple make as we were going to look around The Secret Bunker, a redundant WW2/ Cold War command post. Quite creepy, being deep underground in a concrete bunker with all the old communication equipment and 1960 nuclear warning posters. As a child I don't recollect all the prepare for a hit pamphlets and posters, I suppose I shut it out. It was refurbished in the 70's so my hubby was familiar with all the electronic equipment and we kept loosing him in the display rooms as he relived his Uni days!

OK, that's it from me, but please check out the rest of the DT over at Tag for more fab inspiration.

I'd like to join in over at -



      

7 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card Julie, the idea of using a tag on a card is a great one.
    Crafty hugs
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty tag and it makes a fantastic tag. Thanks so much for playing along at ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty, plus tags on cards are so fun! I love the flower and your embossed background. Thanks for playing along with us at colourQ, Freshly Made Sketches, and for being our GD at Tag You're It!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done! I love the watercoloring and the embossed texture. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really lovely! The coloring and that gorgeous tag make this so special. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, Julie, I love your flower in the window! Thanks for playing with us at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so pretty! The embossed stripes look awesome with ur beautiful tag, thank you for sharing with ATCAS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)