Saturday 23 April 2016

May all your dreams come true

Good morning all.
The weekend is upon us and the weather has decided to downhill, so what's new!
Over at Fantasy Stampers we have a new challenge for you.
This time our theme is -

MONOCHROME

Here is my card for your inspiration.

 

I took inspiration from my bloggy teamie at ATSM Carol's card at Tag You're it.
However as the theme was monochrome I went with the orange colour on her card and not having a dragonfly die cut, I used a couple of MB butterfly dies.
As I needed to use some stamping on this project, I used a Hero Arts lattice stamp instead of a stencil that Carol used, I think my Poppy Stamps tag is the next size down as well!
The lattice stamp was inked with Versamark then stamped through a torn paper template as I didn't want it covering the whole panel, then embossed it with white EP. I used three different oranges, Ripe Persimmon, Spiced Marmalade and Dried Marigold DI to ink the background and base of the butterfly and the palest for the tag and filigree butterfly. To add further interest I splashed some diluted DI and added some Glossy Accent dots coloured with matching Copic colour. I trimmed the top panel down then added it flat to a base card.

I did try the same design with a plain white tag and filigree butterfly first which I preferred, but thought that perhaps it wasn't monochrome enough!


Anyway, now it's over to you. 

PLEASE REMEMBER WE ARE A STAMPING CHALLENGE.
Any projects that do not show stamping cannot be considered for our top 3.

For more info check out the main FS blog where you'll also find the rest of the DT's inspiration cards.

I'd like to join in over at -

     

Morgan's Artworld - Monochrome
Simply Create Too - Stitching, real or faux
Fab n Funky - Winged things

24 comments:

  1. Oh this is so stunning , gorgeous design and colour, love the background too, have a lovely weekend,

    Hugs Babs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Julie, the orange colour way really pops. A very cheerful card.
    Crafty hugs
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card, Jules! I love your colour combo and that delicate butterfly. Thanks so much for sharing your gorgeous work with us at CWS, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW ... this is STUNNING!! LOVE all the elements of your design that just work perfectly together. I was so excited when I saw "torn template" ... what a great idea. I'm going to make one for myself. :) Always inspiring, my friend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are both amazing Julie. Sending some sunshine for tomorrow xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wouuu schitterende kaart Jules .Prachtige kleur heb je bij gebruikt
    Groetjes Gerrie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, your card is simply stunning! Love the vibrant colour! Thank you for joining us at CWS Challenge!
    Mary (DT member)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The lattice stamp is a great touch (thinking, I have one of those in my stash!) and the butterfly is great, loving all these fun dies. Many thanks for joining us at Tag You're It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card. I really love the colours and the beautiful stamping. You've inspired me to perhaps give this a try. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky. Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, love the orange background.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow I love the background and the color and with the white it really pops. LOVE it.. Thanks for joining us at Creative with Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is certainly a dream come true!!! Orange is my favorite colors! FABULOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not an orange fan but this works really well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty. Thank you for sharing with us at Simply Create Too - Myrna DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Breath-taken-away stunning! I'm crushing all over your lovely orange stenciling, smitten with your tag design and in LOVE with your gorgeous butterfly! WOW...absolutely WOW! Thank you for sharing this gem in the Tag, You're It gallery!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty! I love the stencil and the pretty detailed butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, it looks so pretty :) I love the stencilled area and the butterfly-tag fits perfect!
    Thank you for joining us at "Creative with Stamps", Eunice

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely lovely, LOVELY!!! Adore that bg, and your tag is wonderful! So glad you played along at Tag You're It!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is an amazing take on the TYI inspiration, Jules!! Those warm sunset colors and all the texture are just yummy!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very gorgeous monochrome card! Don't think I've created a monochrome card before, might give it a try now!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! Beautiful card! Love the background and butterfly, of course! =)
    Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  22. wonderful card! Love that orange and your details! Thanks for playing along in the Morgan's Artworld Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Natalie
    INKognito

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fantastic entry in to the Morgan's Artworld challenge. Hugs Tracey C - DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)