Friday 4 March 2016

Texture and flowers

Good afternoon and welcome to a post to announce the start of a new theme/ sketch challenge over at STAMPlorations. 
Here is my DT card for your inspiration.


This month our theme is -

or you could use this sketch to get your creative juices flowing.

or use both like I did!

I started with some plain white card which I ran through an EF to create a woodgrain effect texture, then I used a NEBUS MFT square stitched frame die. I should have done it the other way around but the central panel was still quite textured so I decided to leave it as it was. A selection of flowers and leaves from the Frames and Flowers set were stamped then fussy cut and placed on the frame.
On another panel of white card I repeat stamped the ink splats from the Mixed Media Elements set in blue, then centered the textured central panel over the top and glued down, the sentiment from Balloons and Banners was stamped in black and the frame popped up on pads to complete.

OK, that's about it from me. For even more inspiration please check out the rest of the fab DT and wonderful GDs, Swapna and Tanvi.

I'd like to join in over at -

     

Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog
Touchy Feely

11 comments:

  1. I just love those ink splats - they create the perfect "texture" don't they? This card is beautiful and so springy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. V pretty! Love the flowers & die cut frame x Lindsey Uniko DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely Julie, the pretty pink and blue looks lovely and I love the splodges!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card Julie!! LOVE the subtle colors, love the texture, the sketch-just perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty and elegant Julie and love the framed design.
    Great use of the colours and thanks for sharing at Uniko. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card. Loving the layout and the texture. Clever idea to leave the inside of the frame white and let the texture do the talking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice card thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your softly colored flowers, Julie, and the way the soft blue stamping echos them outside the frame! Beautiful design, thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So peaceful Julie. LOVE the simplicity of the frame and fussy cut blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, love the textured frame and the ink detail around the edges to define it. Thanks so much for joining in on the Uniko Challenge. Sorry for my delay in commenting. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super sweet and I love the textured insert!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)