Friday 4 September 2015

Music and a sketch

Hi and welcome to the latest challenge over at STAMPlorations.
Here is my card for this month's inspiration


and this is the sketch I used.



As we have changed things around a bit with our monthly challenges you can also use the theme.



For my card I used the theme as well!

I sarted off by making a panel of coloured card by sprinkling Brusho crystals onto white card then spritzing the surface with water and watched how the magic crystals exploded. I love how they do that and the effect is never the same. I used turquoise and ultramarine for this panel. I used quite a bit of water with this and very little Brusho!
After the panel was dry I inked through an ARTplorations Flourishes stencil with some white pigment ink. I then cut out a MB Moonlight butterfly from the center of the panel then cut it down the middle of panel and butterfly. I ran the base panel through a Cuttlebug musical score embossing folder and adhered it to the base card. I used the Happy Birthday from Dee's Artsy Impressions Balloons and Banners to stamp the greeting then popped up the panel up on pads. From some of the scrap I stamped a couple of small butterflies from the Trendy Butterflies set and fussy cut them before attaching them to the embossed panel along with a few sequins and tiny diamontes.

For more fab inspiration visit the rest of our very talented DT and GDs on the STAMPlorations blog where you can find all the details about fab prizes.


I'd like to join in a few challenges too -


     Grab Our Badge! 
    'Take some TIME OUT to 'Make your Mark' 

"Less is More"
Sprays and Mists                                              
                                                 
Thanks for stopping by!



23 comments:

  1. Lovely card, Jules. I really like how you used the butterfly die and the blue panel is beautiful. Those, combined with the embossed musical score bg are great together. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards Spectacular Embossing Challenge this week. Melissa - DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card. I love the blue - my favourite colour.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous and you nailed all the challenges! Way to go! Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh this is lovely Jules, Love the embossing and that blue is gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! Butterflies & music!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the blues and how you used that butterfly cut-out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As soon as I saw this in the lineup, I just marveled at your take on the sketch. This is genius and so soft and feminine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The look of white stencilling over your brusho'd background is fabulous Julie! Such a beautiful blue against the white too. You've so nailed all these challenges!
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers too! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE your interpretation of the sketch Jules. So creative and unique and beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS and Happy Little Stampers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card! thanks for joining us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautifully done Julie, Great use of the spritzing, gorgeous CAS layout and I'm loving the musical embossed BG. Perfect for those challenges and I'm thrilled to see you've linked up at ATCAS, AAA Cards and Less is More! So clever of you to link them all.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty card - I love your take on the Stamplorations sketch! The embossed background is so pretty and absolutely perfect for our challenge this week at AAA - thanks for sharing! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautifully created!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! Stunning way to use this sketch. I love your colors too. Thanks for taking TIME OUT and playing along in our challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your panel is so pretty, Julie! I love how you die cut and placed the butterfly, and your embossed background is fabulous! Stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That blue is so gorgeous and just love that musical embossed background in crisp white. Its a stunning card and I'm so glad you shared it with us at TIME OUT!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a pretty card! Love the split butterfly and the music sheet embossing is the perfect backdrop! Thanks for taking the Time Out to play with us!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card, love how you have cut the butterfly out, thanks for joining us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card. Love the way you used the positive and negative parts of the butterfly die cut. Thank you so much for linking up and playing with us at AAA Cards Embossing Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just saw this in a gallery - can't even remember which one - and dropped my jaw! Jules, this is extraordinary, being pinned, and melting my heart!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my goodness, all sorts of fabulousness going on!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so pretty .... love the colour. Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. Linda xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)