Monday 6 July 2015

Sketch #36

Good afternoon and as it's the the first Monday of the month we have a new sketch for you at STAMPlorations. I love a good sketch but as I've said before I can be a bit literal in the interpretation.
So this time it's not quite the same as the sketch but what do you think?


This is the sketch for you to use too.


I used frames instead of the solid blocks on the sketch but you don't even have to use suares, I suppose I could just have used the flowers. The sketch is just a starting point, if you check out the rest of the DT you'll see lots of interpretation!

I went to my favourite go to flowers for the focal point, the fantastic Bloom Sketches. I die cut some pierced squares then cut away the middles with a Cookie Cutter square die to create the frame. I know you can get some fab frame dies but so far I have resisted!
Using the colours at Color Throwdown, I used Copics to colour the daisies then fussy cut them before cutting some slots between the petals and arranged them within the frames. The panel was stamped with a text stamp through a piece of scrap card that I tore the middle out of to get the irregular pattern to lay the flowers on. All the stamping was done in Memento Grey Flannel to give a softer effect than with black. The panel was then mounted on a Kraft base, leaving a small border.

PRIZES
 the design team votes on the winner and top picks

Winner
Prize: $10 gift certificate for the shop or 3 digi stamps
+ Guest Designer spot in a future challenge
Top picks
Guest designer spot in a future challenge 

Winner and top picks will receive a personalized STAMPlorations guest designer watermark and a personalized guest designer badge to display on their blogs.

FREQUENT PLAYERS
We're doing away with the Frequent Players Spotlight. Instead, those who play in the two (monthly and/or sketch) challenges we host this month AND use a STAMPlorations product (stamp or stencil) will be highlighted, as well as get an entry to the random prize drawing. So play in the Sketch Challenge or Monthly Challenge or both -- your choice! When you enter projects using our products, you'll be in the running to win a STAMPlorations stamp and stencil pack valued at $10. The winner can also opt for a $10 gift certificate.

So no excuses for you not to join us!
For more inspiration check out what the rest of the team have been up to as well as our fab guests this month.
Irena GD
Becca DT
Tenia DT
Wei Wei DT

I'm joining in the fun at -

            


Thanks for stopping by, love to hear what you have to say too. :)

17 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, love the overlapping frames and daisies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card Julie! Those flowers are so pretty and I love that layered look with the frames too! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers! Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fabulous blue daisies!!! I love the sketch too. A very gorgeous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! I love the layers and your lovely literal take on the sketch! :) Lovely job, Julie. It's a privileged to be GD with team this week. Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful blue flowers...love how you used the sketch and colors!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card took my breath away...perfect coloring and placement. Love the frames & the background verbiage...just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's fabulous and I'm so pleased to see those glorious blooms again!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your card is absolutely gorgeous. I love the framed flowers, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, such an amazing design!!! Love those flowers in frames, and colors are pretty, as well as great take on the sketch! Thank you for playing alone with Color Throwdown and Happy Little Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE your interpretation of the sketch, Jules ... very creative. Cutting between the petals so they fall through the frames is sheer genius! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card! Beautiful and original.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful. The overlapping frames and beautiful colouring on the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a beautiful design with your gorgeous flowers weaving in and out of the frames! thanks for joining us in the Mixed Media Card Challenge! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card and such a great take on our 'Blue' challenge. Love it!
    Thanks for playing with us at MMCC. Hoping to see you with us again in August! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. such a beautiful card! thanks for playing along with us at MMCC in July :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)