Afternoon folks.
We are already halfway through the month of August so we have another colour duo for you from Color Hues! Marcia has chosen a duo which literally radiates the summer heat we are experiencing here this year. Here's my take using one of the Stampingbella's Snapshots images.
I was looking through my stash of images and found this partially coloured one, I must have decided to put it to one side, then forgot about it! Anyway, it was perfect for the new challenge.
I used Copics to colour the image, trimmed it down and then went looking for some DP to use in my design.
In my orange/yellow DP pile, I found a piece of Japanese paper that my friend Jenny brought back from visiting her son in Japan many years ago! It was a perfect colour match, the orange and yellow blossom and waves outlined in gold.
This is a solid rubber stamp and I always struggle to get the sentiment in the correct place, I much prefer the polymer variety for this reason!


Cute image and the perfect find at just the right time, it appears! I love how your carried the paper background around the image as well. The print looks gorgeous. I like this, Julie!
ReplyDeleteWonderful card to send to a dear friend, Jules. Love your design and the pretty paper you've used for framing and background. xx
ReplyDeleteI've never seen one of the Snapshot images, and this one is wonderful! I love the way you highlighted the "photo" with the same patterned paper as the card's border. The paper is gorgeous, and I love that sentiment (that looks perfectly straight here!)
ReplyDeleteYou always do these "girl" cards so beautifully, Julie! Your coloring is amazing and that background paper is perfect to frame them! I know what you mean about rubber sentiments, versus polymer, but you did a fantastic job of getting it right! It's been so hot here too. I'm ready for fall!
ReplyDeleteDon't you just love it when you find an image already started and it's perfect for a challenge?!! Your two friends look delightful in their yellow and orange tops Julie and I'm loving that DSP that coordinates so perfectly too! Sweet, sweet card my friend and thanks for making my color pairing SHINE!! Hugs. :0)
ReplyDeletePerfect timing to find your partially coloured image and finish it up for the challenge. Once again, a wonderful work of art from you. Love this!
ReplyDeletehugs~c
Those gals are so sweet and I love the sentiment. Beautifully colored as always, Julie. It's a great design with the different layers looking like a polaroid shot and those papers are beautiful. Fabulous card!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fabulous sentiment and I think such a lovely card to send to a good friend!!your colouring is wonderful!
ReplyDelete