Tuesday 23 July 2024

Cogs

Morning, it's time for a new challenge at Cardz4Guyz. This time we would like to see projects on the theme of :-

METAL

Here's my card for your inspiration. I went down the industrial route for my design, combing an EF and some die cut cogs.

 

To start, I took a panel of white card and inked with some Vintage Photo DOx and a tiny amount of Salvaged Patina before spritzing with water and leaving to dry over night. Once fully dry, I embossed the inked panel with a cog EF and inked over again with Vintage Photo DI this time to darken up some areas. To make it look a bit more like metal cogs, I rubbed over the raised areas with a lump of dried up Inka Gold wax, that I softened with a little water, then buffed with a soft cloth.

To make the card, I made a black A6 base card, added a strip of the embossed panel, a couple of gold strips above and below and a gold heat embossed sentiment. Three 'gold' cogs from my stash complete.

So where will this theme take you? For more inspiration, why not check out the rest of the team here.We'd love to see your takes in our gallery.

Joining in over at:-


7 comments:

  1. Wow, this is an awesome masculine card! I love the sketch as well as the masculine elements...the embossing is a special touch, especially on the sentiment! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a clever take on the sketch, thanks for joining AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb !
    Have a nice day.
    Craft greetings,
    C4U Art Craft / Carla 🍀

    ReplyDelete
  4. Matching up the embossed background with the die cut cogs makes such a great design Julie! Your treatment of the embossed strip with the inking and the gold wax really makes it pop! Great guy card and we appreciate you sharing over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your take on both the sketch and the metallic theme, Julie. CAS is a wonderful option for guy centric cards and the Industrial feeling your embossing and die cuts create it perfect for a masculine Birthday card. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at Paper Players this week. Cheers, Jolanda - DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great CAS masculine card Julie - the diecuts and embossed panel pair beautifully and the gold adds perfectly to the metallic theme. Thanks for playing along with my CAS birthday challenge over at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the industrial look of this CAS card Julie, great textures x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)